matt6669

CR This weekend

I hope 'the kid' didn't mind me sticking my nose in. I have this insatiable need to share knowledge. He seemed to get the hang of it after a while.

Shooting paper is ok, but seeing something shatter or dust up like clays is really neat.

Joe didn't mind at all. He was a bit overwhelmed by all the activity, but he took away a new found respect for guns, and he had a great time making noise and the occasional cloud of orange dust. If he gets to the range another couple of times, preferably when it's not so crowded (the place was packed yesterday), he'll be hooked. Then I need to work on his Dad. That'll be a real project.

He was a bit overwhelmed by all the activity

He wasn't the only one.

It really makes you appreciate going down on a weekday and you're alone on the range without the range Nazi stalking you. That one particular member of the SS was on the 100 yard range yesterday and was shouting "wait till you are told to get your targets"....of course he bolts out onto the field the second the lights go one. Hypocrite and jerkoff seem to go hand in hand.

Is that same guy that was at the hand gun range during the last clay shoot?

That's the guy. He's not a RO, just a JO.

That was clearly awesome on the rifle range. He was literally almost flipping on a kid b/c the kid went to grab I think a gun bag off of the table as the bell was still ringing. Then next frame change, he flips the switch, walks right up to his table takes something off, then people are out in the field and he does it AGAIN.

I'm like are you for real man. Hold people to set standards but not yourself, typical JO

whats this douche look like. i just rejoined after a 20yr break, and id like to keep an eye out for him.

Yeah, he comes over and looks over all your guns, doesn't say 'hi' and barks out "Put a flag in that gun!!!!!!!" After all, It may jump up and go on a killing spree on its own, right? :roll:

another arrogant a$$hole who got pushed around his entire life, so when he finally gave up on working and retired, he sucked into a position which gives him the slightest feeling of power over another individual, and abuses it like his wife abuses him at home?

i know the type.

This guy isn't a Range Officer as far as I can tell, he's just taken it upon himself to be one. He could be retired but if I had to guess I'd say he was 52-58yo.

so he doesnt even work there? hes just a member who acts like that?

The ROs that actively are on the firing lines are usually wearing a yellow shirt. There's also Gene and Gene and Scott. Those guys I know. So, as far as I can tell, he's just the range NAZI.

so he doesnt even work there? hes just a member who acts like that?

The ROs that actively are on the firing lines are usually wearing a yellow shirt. There's also Gene and Gene and Scott. Those guys I know. So, as far as I can tell, he's just the range NAZI.

The RO's are amazingly cool at CR while maintaining excellent safety.

so why dont the real ROs do something about him, if hes a nuisance and potential danger.