matt6669

CR This weekend

Anyone interested in meeting up at the Ridge this weekend. I really wanna try and get my rifle scoped in, and I might do some archery as well, but wouldn't mind doing some shooting with everyone else.

Let me know if your around

M

Lynn wants to get out to the range this weekend. Saturday is Family Day, and they're booked solid, so I think Sunday is the better choice. We may be gun shopping on Saturday, so there may be a new toy or two in the chest. We'll see how it goes.

I haven't done family day there, but I think only people who've pre-registered can attend, and I'm pretty sure someone told me they were all filled up for this one. The weather is supposed to be iffy, so some people may not show, but I don't know if they'll accommodate walk-ins. Can't hurt to give them a call and ask. You never know.

I haven't done family day there, but I think only people who've pre-registered can attend,

Which would be why I said after the obligatory pre-registration? ;)

It was one of those things that a woman and her husband that I know was interested in, shrug. No biggie.

I want to know what kind of 'rowing' you do where your hands aren't already calloused so as not to be disturbed by a simple stepped trigger. :lol:

I row on the monksville and I do crew. And I do have callouses on my hands, I just tape them up once they get callouses so that I'm not building callous on top of callous, thats the way to keep healthy hands, straight from the us rowing video :)

Change of plan. Jordan is bringing a friend of his who has never shot before, so we'll be there around 11 to make sure he gets to try everything. We're bringing all of the handguns, the .22 rifle and both shotguns. And the thrower. Will probably start on the handgun range and work around from there.

See y'all there.

K

I'm going as well. Haven't shot in almost a month. I may throw some sabots down the 9200 just to see how accurate I am with the Iron sights.

I've got the thrower in the truck...gotta see what the 835 does after the "fix". heh. I'm skeert.

Nice day at the range today. Played with the new guns and both are great. I'm not surprised at the accuracy of the CZ, but the Smith was a pleasant surprise. Not as snappy as I would have expected, and more than accurate enough out to 30' or so.

Jordan brought a friend down to shoot for the first time, and I think we've rescued another potential liberal from the dark side. He had a great time, and didn't leave the range as a deranged sociopath just because he touched a gun (actually, several guns).

A handful of the Northern Coalition guys showed up, hung out on the handgun range for a while, went their separate ways for a while, and reconvened on the shotgun range to make some orange dust for an hour or so.

A good day. Thanks to all who contributed to the fun.

Definitely another fine day at CR. We had gorgeous weather and the company was great, even Ken was on good behavior today, but that might of been because his wife was there, I'm not sure :)

Anyway, Ken, Tom, Dan, thank you guys once again for letting me blow stuff up with your pistols. Always a fun day to try out different guns, and at guns to my ever expanding list of ones I want to buy.

And I finally got the rifle scoped in for the most part with the help of Mark, thanks again Mark. One more trip to CR and about an hour worth of time and I should be able to get some decent groupings with that gun. Really satisfied with that gun. Between the gun (599), scope (190) and mounts (50) for a total of 840, I am definitely not complaining. But my shoulder sure is :)

Nice day at the range today. Played with the new guns and both are great. I'm not surprised at the accuracy of the CZ, but the Smith was a pleasant surprise. Not as snappy as I would have expected, and more than accurate enough out to 30' or so.

Jordan brought a friend down to shoot for the first time, and I think we've rescued another potential liberal from the dark side. He had a great time, and didn't leave the range as a deranged sociopath just because he touched a gun (actually, several guns).

A handful of the Northern Coalition guys showed up, hung out on the handgun range for a while, went their separate ways for a while, and reconvened on the shotgun range to make some orange dust for an hour or so.

A good day. Thanks to all who contributed to the fun.

Yeah, it was fun. Matt even got his new rifle down to about a few inches from the center of the target. Of course the first half of the box of ammo missed the board entirely ;)

As to the new shooter, lets hope his super lib parents don't lock him down for a week of a steady diet of Michael Moore, Nancy Pelosi, MSNBC and the New York Times or just make him read some schoolbooks. If so, he'll relapse.

As to the new shooter, lets hope his super lib parents don't lock him down for a week of a steady diet of Michael Moore, Nancy Pelosi, MSNBC and the New York Times or just make him read some schoolbooks. If so, he'll relapse.

As long as he continues to like to shoot, we've got a foot in the door... and in this environment, I will take whatever I can get! Ken - it's our task to fill his head with the truth about Corslime and the remainder of the anti 2A crowd.

As long as he continues to like to shoot, we've got a foot in the door... and in this environment, I will take whatever I can get! Ken - it's our task to fill his head with the truth about Corslime and the remainder of the anti 2A crowd.

He's already asked Jordan when he can tag along again. He enjoyed the clays. There's hope for him. He had fun, wants to have some more, and he's one of Jordan's close friends and housemates. He should be okay.

Yeah, if we get him out there again, he'll feel more comfortable. First time out it was probably very intimidating having all those people there and being a first time shooter. Hell, I was intimidated the first time I meekly went down to the pistol range by myself shortly after I joined and I've shot guns over 35 years.

I keep trying to get some non-shooter co-workers to come give it a go. I'll get 'em out eventually.