Sign in to follow this  
coldsolderjoint

Ok, I'm stupid.. I burned a permit on this:

That looks exactly like a "scattergun" that I saw in a private old west museum, 1980 or so, in southern Colorado. Gun was reportedly owned and used by Colorado Charlie Utter, Bill Hickock's best friend, and an old west legend himself. Charlie was at one time a post man, he carried letters on the very dangerous routes between Deadwood and outlying towns for two bits per, sometimes carrying over 1000 pieces of mail, and reportedly carried that scattergun in a special holster hung on his horses pomel horn, ready for a quick pull and blast to break up any robber or indian ambush. His was about a 26g or 28g.

That looks exactly like a "scattergun" that I saw in a private old west museum, 1980 or so, in southern Colorado. Gun was reportedly owned and used by Colorado Charlie Utter, Bill Hickock's best friend, and an old west legend himself. Charlie was at one time a post man, he carried letters on the very dangerous routes between Deadwood and outlying towns for two bits per, sometimes carrying over 1000 pieces of mail, and reportedly carried that scattergun in a special holster hung on his horses pomel horn, ready for a quick pull and blast to break up any robber or indian ambush. His was about a 26g or 28g.

hmmmm Interesting :think:

I shot it 4 times on sunday :-P

The .410 Shotshells make a big flash!

It's probably the crudest gun I've ever shot.. and you almost have to wear a glove with the rough edges.. but it could make a bad day for someone if it had too.

About damn time! Got a video on youtube yet? I'm actually looking at the Stoeger double gun in 12 gauge for my father.

Your my hero Eddie

I shot it 4 times on sunday :-P

The .410 Shotshells make a big flash!

It's probably the crudest gun I've ever shot.. and you almost have to wear a glove with the rough edges.. but it could make a bad day for someone if it had too.

About damn time! Got a video on youtube yet? I'm actually looking at the Stoeger double gun in 12 gauge for my father.

Your my hero Eddie

HAHA.. no.. it was too cold out for youtube