BCeagle

Switching calibers of handguns

I was looking at the DE and how you can swap the barrel, magazine and bolt and switch between .50, .44 and 357 and how it all comes in one box. Always curious about firearms that can do this and was wondering if anyone knew any other pistols capable of this and that come like that from the manufacturer. I think its pretty useful in times when ammo is scarce. My dad bought a 357 revolver because he likes that it accepts 38 ammo.

I was looking at the DE and how you can swap the barrel, magazine and bolt and switch between .50, .44 and 357 and how it all comes in one box. Always curious about firearms that can do this and was wondering if anyone knew any other pistols capable of this and that come like that from the manufacturer. I think its pretty useful in times when ammo is scarce. My dad bought a 357 revolver because he likes that it accepts 38 ammo.

Dan Wesson did this in the past.

There are drop in barrels for the XD40 to convert it to 357sig and 9x19.

Rossi has something like this as well with 2 and 3 barrels for their rifles - but I understand that the quality is less than average.

You can also buy a barrrel and go from a 40/357 Sig XD to 9mm.

Ray Ray had it with the Sig P250. Any caliber they make in 3 frame sizes. One registered fire control group.

no way, I was right? Can't be Tim, someone had to have given me the answer!

I was just thinking, since I havent applied for the permit yet, I can imagine the gun store saying I cant buy all the barrels due to one gun a month.

Barrels are unregulated. They can be shipped directly to your home, you do not need a NICS check or a 4473 for them.

Thanks, great to know, I actually just checked out the p250, I think we may have a winner. I was going to go for a 1911 and the 250 is a little to close to my HK P30L but it may be the most functional and the DE is a little too much bling over substance.

Can never go wrong with a Sig, good choice sir.