Brisco

Opinions please

OK, after I blew my cash on a new Sig p226 SCT 40, I started looking at getting my first rifle.

I am considering a Sig 556 or a Bushmaster AR-15

Any opinions one way or the other??

Also where in NJ can I shoot it?, How many of you guys go to Central J. in Jackson?

Thanks

Skip the Sig and get the AR. It's much more customizable.

I'm a 21 year member at CJ and shoot almost every Sunday morning. Let me know if you want to come along and check the place out.

Yes, I would definitely like to check the place out. Do they rent any guns? :violence-snipersmiley:

Skip the Sig and get the AR. It's much more customizable.

I'm a 21 year member at CJ and shoot almost every Sunday morning. Let me know if you want to come along and check the place out.

Yes, I would definitely like to check the place out. Do they rent any guns? :violence-snipersmiley:

No, no rents. It's a private membership only club. Best in the East IMHO.

First, good choice on the P226. I have one in 9mm and you will see what a quality piece of work it truly is after handling some other sidearms. Second, I say go with the Bushmaster. As Mr. Mauser said, it is way more customizable and AR spare parts are abundant and relatively cheap. The Sig is a cool firearm no doubt with the piston system and all but you may be happier with the Bushmaster in the long run, I know I am. As ranges go, I'm a member out at Ft. Dix, it's only 60 a year, but you get what you pay for. Brick Armory is a nice place to go as far as indoor ranges go. Good luck and keep us posted!

If you can afford a SIG556, why not? You should always have spares for it regardless of whichever rifle you choose... and regards to customization, unless you're planning on going totally mall ninja, the SIG556 has everything you need stock.

But hey, that's if you want to spend the money. Personally, I think everyone is still gouging the price on it considering the price of other gas piston 5.56 rifles on the market... and without going into the crazy debate that will never cease, unless you're going to be boots on the ground in some of the more arid climates, direct impingement (what is used for "normal" ARs) is just fine.