SpecOps2087

Just bought a Ruger Mk III

As the title says, just bought a ruger MK III from SS. I was kind of against the ruger because I never really liked the look of it (plus the horror stories of disassembly / reassembly) but I bought it anyway.

I took it apart and reassembled it the other day and learned what the fuss was about. My GOD are the tolerences tight on this friggen gun. I had to beat it non stop with a rubber mallet to take any peice of it apart. However, 3 hours later I was done hah.

I just brought it to BA the other day and man I'm impressed. Using CCI ammo, this gun is damn accurate and so fun to shoot!

Anyway, if you guys want a great rimfire pistol, the Mk III is a winner

Yep, it's a sweet handgun. Disassembly is a challenge. Assembly is more of a challenge, but the tolerances loosen up after a short while.

Anyway, you don't really have to disassemble it every time you clean it.

As a range officer, I use mine to train new shooters on range safety. For some, it's the first gun they've ever touched.

Its really simple once you understand what your doing and why. I just replaced my extractor (there was nothing wrong with the stock one), I just felt like doing a little tinkering, I put in a Voltquartsen extractor on my MKIII and my Ruger 10/22, makes them work that much better. It only took a few minutes to do, and went thru 500 rounds without any type of jam.

I bought my Ruger Mark III Hunter a couple of years ago from SS. It has always shot and performed perfectly. I also put in the volks trigger kit and it is so smooth. Eats anything I put in it and once you get the hang of it, isn't all that hard to take down.