Sign in to follow this  
67gtonut

Your goals for 2010....

William Tell - the guy that shot the apple of the kids head with a BOW and arrow...

RRRRRIGHT! lol

I was a stretch, but I got it. I'm a little slow these days :D :oops:

Isn't there a thread with what other hobbies we have? Perhaps a mod can move this there?

Not slow - SLEEP DEPRIVED. Been there, done that.

I had a theory... After first born I came up with this idea. (Disclaimer - I am an engineer - logic is applied to the illogical frequently.)

I observed the following:

1) baby sleeps during day (this is because mommy is moving around constantly during the day which rocks baby to sleep)

2) baby is awake at night (just ask any mother when the kid starts moving the most...)

3) adults become sleep deprived

4) adults become ornery (well, at least I did)

5) until baby's schedule becomes awake during day and sleep during night, adults are miserable.

I propose the following:

1) Approximately 6-8 wks before baby is due, Mommy needs to change her schedule.

2) Mommy acts like she's working 2nd or 3rd shift - she wakes in the evening and stays up all night (this accomplishes 2 things, one, hubbie doesn't have to deal with ornery hormonal woman and baby's schedule gets all fubared)

3) baby is born

4) baby sleeps at night

5) baby is awake during the day

6) adults rejoice

:mrgreen:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

ABSOLUTELY!!! We were suggested the same theory by a friend of mine. Unfortunately my wife could not adjust to sleeping during the day and gave up after the first week.

But you are 100% correct...baby sleeps in the womb all day from the motion and is up all night (kicking mom) when she is still.