Chad

What other hobbies ?

Update of my tank, for anyone who is interested...

Added some more corals, a clam, some fishies and a really cool brain coral.

Cmon Maks....its your turn! It would look great in your office!!!!!

Guns020.jpg

Guns021.jpg

Guns022.jpg

Guns023.jpg

Guns024.jpg

Guns025.jpg

Guns026.jpg

Guns028.jpg

Guns030.jpg

Guns031.jpg

Guns035.jpg

Looks great. Nice healthy looking yellow also. BTW it looks like your clam is growing a beard :x

How did I know YOU were going to be the first one to say that! lmao

Its funny, if you get close to it (cast a shadow) onto it, it closes up really quick.

You're use to that happening, right?

How'd you know. Your wife is the exception to that rule :mrgreen:

Beautiful Chad! Is there a point when the tank is "done" or is it something you just keep adding stuff to forever? I'de imagine there is a limit to the number of fish it would support but not sure about the corals and clams. I would think you could never have enough clam? (Sorry, I could not resist) :lol:

I find my hobbies are so expensive and time consuming that I can only do one at a time. We have gone from Jet Ski Racing, Boating, Car Restoration, Car racing (Autocrossing) and now, collecting and shooting guns. I was telling Matt about our autocrossing cars yesterday so I figured I would share a few pics. My son and I did ALL the work o all of our toys ourselves, from engine and transmission building, body work, painting, welding, graphics, etc. We even mounted our own tires! We did this for three seasons before moving on to another hobby, and he was class champion all three years (I took second place two seasons). If you like to drive, you should try autocrossing sometime. It is absolutely the most fun you will ever have driving a car.

dad1.jpg

First Season Race VW - 1964 GTI

dad2.jpg

season 2 & 3 - 1984 Race Rabbit 1.7L

Score: Son 52 trophies, 44 consecutive 1st Place Finishes (out of 53 events)

Dad A bunch of second and third place finishes :lol:

dad4.jpg

Did I mention I own and run the largest PT Cruiser Club in America?

Thanks Tony, yes he does! He has two things going for him, he is younger so his reflexes are quicker and he does not have to fix what he breaks. I tend to ease off just a little before each turn and he goes BTTW all the way around the track. One event I was beating him in the first seven heats and one of our buddies was ribbing him. He ended up beating me by 1/1000 of a second in the last heat! :(

dad3.jpg

My PT Club is called the Garden State Crew-zers and we do 12-15 events in and around New Jersey but have gone as far south as Florida, north to Niagara Falls and out to the west coast. Many of our events are parades, town festivals and charity events like fund raisers and causes like the annual MS Walk in Sandy Hook. We are a non-profit org.

dad5.jpg

Chad are you going to put a canopy on the tank?

My PT Club is called the Garden State Crew-zers and we do 12-15 events in and around New Jersey but have gone as far south as Florida, north to Niagara Falls and out to the west coast. Many of our events are parades, town festivals and charity events like fund raisers and causes like the annual MS Walk in Sandy Hook. We are a non-profit org.

Sounds awesome John!

Beautiful Chad! Is there a point when the tank is "done" or is it something you just keep adding stuff to forever? I'de imagine there is a limit to the number of fish it would support but not sure about the corals and clams. I would think you could never have enough clam? (Sorry, I could not resist) :lol:

I am pretty much done with adding fish, the ones I have will grow and that will be good enough. As far as corals, they really don't add to the bio-load so you can load up on them for the most part. Over crowding is never a good idea so if you keep them far enough apart where no stinging will happen then you're pretty much good.

Chad are you going to put a canopy on the tank?

Nah, I'm not into canopies. I dunno why, I think it looks cooler when its open, and the lights hanging over the top.

chad, are you starting a clam farm? :lol:

clams will clean the water they are great filters.. and to think people eat those things..

haha I know, I can't eat that crap, its gross and slimy. Yes, they are good filter feeders, do you have a tank??

Club link? http://www.gscrewzers.com

Race Link? My son took down our race car page after we stopped racing, but we found our info at http://www.autox4u.com and belonged to the North New Jersey Group. We also used to Autocross with NASA Northeast bu they closed down when we lost our lot at Giant's Stadium.

Chad, did I mention my son has a salt water aquarium at his new job? Is 25,000 gallons a lot?

aquarium.jpg

aquarium1.jpg

aquarium2.jpg

I hunt for unknown critters deep sea when i get a chance at work. We work with LSU doing the SERPENT program where they use oil field ROV's to hunt for new marine life. Here are some pics and videos of weird critters that I've held on to. Some are known species some aren't

This one is 7,800 feet deep and is still unkown.

th_creatrueX.jpg

Rotationof103-0303_IMG.jpg

Centipedekite2.jpg

weirdfish.jpg

IMGA0852.jpg

IMGA0102.jpg

HE ATE MY CRAB TRAP!!!!!!!!!!

tfshrk.jpg

I find my hobbies are so expensive and time consuming that I can only do one at a time. We have gone from Jet Ski Racing, Boating, Car Restoration, Car racing (Autocrossing) and now, collecting and shooting guns. I was telling Matt about our autocrossing cars yesterday so I figured I would share a few pics. My son and I did ALL the work o all of our toys ourselves, from engine and transmission building, body work, painting, welding, graphics, etc. We even mounted our own tires! We did this for three seasons before moving on to another hobby, and he was class champion all three years (I took second place two seasons). If you like to drive, you should try autocrossing sometime. It is absolutely the most fun you will ever have driving a car.

dad1.jpg

First Season Race VW - 1964 GTI

dad2.jpg

season 2 & 3 - 1984 Race Rabbit 1.7L

Score: Son 52 trophies, 44 consecutive 1st Place Finishes (out of 53 events)

Dad A bunch of second and third place finishes :lol:

dad4.jpg

Did I mention I own and run the largest PT Cruiser Club in America?

That yellow VW looks very familiar...did you ever autox it at E-town?

If so do you remember a silver turbocharged s2000 that was to powerful for its own good at the autox? If so that was me :)

Honda_Meets_Honda_by_SpecOps2087.jpg

My car is the s2000

In case anyone is interested, youtube videos:

505rwhp :)

Some of my "professional" amature photos that I've taken throughout the years:

http://specops2087.deviantart.com/

Jonathan, how you doing? Of course I remember that Silver Blur! That thing was mad fast! That was us at E'Town for sure! Our little Rabbit wasn't the fastest but it sure did handle! I guess it is all about how you fit in your class. I can remember at the end of the day those guys with the Boxers and (non Z0)Vettes looking at the tally sheets scratching their heads and wondering how our times were faster than theirs ;)

Chad, those underwater pictures are awesome! You are going to have to start a whole new website just for your tank photographs. My son is always sending me pictures of the Eels and Sharks in his tank but through the thick glass, they are never that vivid.

Chad sweet looking setup keep up the good work. I use to keep a reef tank till the baby came and that was it. Still run about 10 African Cichlid thanks though. Are you planing on adding more live rock. There are some good forums in the Nj/NY area. hit me up if you want them.

Chad sweet looking setup keep up the good work. I use to keep a reef tank till the baby came and that was it. Still run about 10 African Cichlid thanks though. Are you planing on adding more live rock. There are some good forums in the Nj/NY area. hit me up if you want them.

I'm dividing my time also, we just had a baby last month....its tough. lol,

I guess I should add some more LR...what do you think? Fill up the top a little more, right?

The only NJ forum I found is njreefersclub.com ... I'll gladly take the others you have!

Thanks!