Sign in to follow this  
axeman_g

gun shops aints so bad in NJ...

All,

Most know that I am a refugee from the Atlanta area and that my conversation often take a whining tone of lamentation for my previous residence, especially in regards to gun stuff.

Well, I actually have found an area that makes me feel a little better about NJ gun stores..... not any laws or mentalities. I did see some open carry here... threw a few other coworkers for a loop.

I am in the Tidewater area of Va working on Disaster Relief projects. So on my afternoon off yesterday I spent the day cruising the local gun mongers. My general opinion is that the dealers in this region are bigger crooks then NJ retailers. Mainly because of the pop being young men with some expendable income, a high level of testasterone and little in the way of brains. For example.... .45acp Winchester White box 230gr FMJ at $25/box. Glock Model 19 and 17 for $589, .40XDs for $589... Bushmaster Carbon15 FTC $1400.... usually around a grand.

I went to 4 different places... one highly recomended "classic" military trading house was so overpriced on SKS I laughed outloud. Mosin Nagants for.... get ready for it..... $199!!!! All Mosins.... not special ones. This gentleman also had MSAR Optics Ready Carbine for $2300.

So... everyone please go buy a gun this month and keep the NJ dealers viable. We dont have many, but what we have is usually quality. Thank you FFLs!

Where I go here in Pa he has the Glock 17 and 19 for $499. XD sub compacts are $465. The Glocks with night sights are $549.

I have noticed the same thing with pricing when I stop in shops in N.J. Even some shops here are pretty steep with the prices.

As for the Ammo I get it from Ammoman or AIM surplus. Hard to beat their prices compared to the shops here.