Sign in to follow this  
nickd308

Would it be a bad idea to......

Anything that goes bang when you pull the trigger can be used for home defence. The quality semi autos like Remingtons are almost as reliable as pump guns so as long as you don't have malfunctions with your auto then I say why not. I keep a shotgun and a handgun available for home defence. I take the handgun and check the house, my wife goes to the babys room and locks the door (we have planned this and practiced this with dummy ammo.)

well i dont currently have the remington, i do have a 500 cruiser with a speedfeed stock for hd right now. but i was thinking of buying a Remington and i was leaning towards the 1100 over the 870 and was trying to determine which would be a better save your a$$ gun thinking the semi auto would have a quicker follow up shot but also concerned about having a shotgun that goes bang every time i need it to.

i have a mossberg PG pump.. no stock.. and the intent is JUST that home defense... this may sound silly but i find shooting the PG 12guage to be not that hard on me at all.. maybe because im not absorbing it into my shoulder.. aiming is easy as its just a "point and click" lol weapon especially at such short distances.. .. the lack of stock allows for a short tight unit that increases the ability to move easily.. if i ever find a NICE folding stock i might pick one up.. because it would be nice to be able to switch to a stock when i want one.. and maybe ad a nice weapon light surefire or something..

i think that in the home like that the shorter the better..