Sign in to follow this  
matty

Only LEO can be trusted to carry guns.....

A new Sig was found in the street right outside our gun club. The owner put it on the roof of his car...and drove away. Thankfully, another member found it.

Those new rounded style toilet paper holders don't allow placing it on top any longer. Just got to watch it doesn't drop in the bowl and sink. That's why I tell my students always have a pair of large kitchen tongs readily available.

Interesting that this was in the ladies room, would it have turned out differently if it was the Men's? If someone was on a home bound flite, its basically a free gun, albeit one you cannot sell (legally) or even tell anyone about. Straight to the street, if one were a criminal.. And this happened back in September, apparently, so its been kept quiet for awhile

Just like those with carry permit do...all the time... You have to put it somewhere.

Maybe guns should just be banned from restrooms..

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,531376,00.html

http://hunting.about.com/b/2006/09/08/m ... harged.htm

http://jonathanturley.org/2009/01/19/ma ... estaurant/

I'm seeing a trend.. Guns don't kil people. Toilets kill people.

You failed to post the followup to the somewhat bias sourse..

Of the 324 firearms checked for the study, 94 - or 29 percent of them - could not be found during the initial search. Eventually, he said, all of the firearms were found or accounted for. Twenty-four were located in the property room - but only after several attempts - that sometimes took weeks. In most cases, Mr. Thompson said, "they miraculously turned up in the exact same place on the shelf where they had clearly been missing earlier." It was determined that the remaining 70 weapons had either been returned to the owner or destroyed, but none of this was reflected in the division's records, according to the report. He said the NYPD offered no satisfactory answer as to why the weapons were missing or how they were found.

"The Property Clerk Division has over 2 million pieces of inventory including cash and vehicles, 13,000 of which are firearms"

rscalzo

Actualy that was not even what i was looking for, that one poped up on google..

I was looking for the report where nypd cops have to file a lost weapons report when they lose their weapon, i think it was the nra that sent me a write up on it and it was astonishing close to 500 city issued weapons lost in a 1 year peiod..it was a long time ago and i was looking for info on it..

Interesting how the topics have come up about Sen. Schumers hunting trip and NYPD's ambulatory firearms stored in its property room. Maybe they went for a coupla slices and killing some folks and sneaked back in to the same spot they were left in. Those evil guns are dangerous, you know ;) My original headline was snark at the people who insist that only LEOs should be able to carry firearms, since the average non LEO gun owner is an ignorant redneck nutjob, you know. Bloomberg & Schumer are two who would like to see firearms ONLY in the hands of the state (which includes certain members of the political class), criminalizing possession for those who do not have sanction from the state. When the government has ALL the guns, it will be the end of the Republic.

I was looking for the report where nypd cops have to file a lost weapons report when they lose their weapon

Any department would require such a report, as would the state. NYPD doesn't issue their handguns, they are owned by the officers themselves. As they have between 42,000 and 36,000 sworn officers at any one time, firearms listed as used on or off duty (which is an NYPD requirement as was my department) are lost in many ways. Theft from the home or vehicle is the most common.