Sign in to follow this  
McClane

Help me understand this.

Today I went to my local PD (Burlington Twp.) to apply for a new HG permit. They say it's been more than 2 years so I need to pay them $18 in a money order or cashiers check for a new criminal background check and get a new "Mental Health" check. The last HG I bought was 4.23.2009, less than 9 months ago. What the F are they talking about?

I explain that my last purchase was April 09 and she states... "That may be but it wasn't done correctly". OK... so am I illegally in possession of a firearm? NO. I explain that I have applied for and obtained 4 HG permits since April 09 but I never used them. Yes sir but you still need to pay the sate police $18 for a new background check. WHY??? Because sir.

What is going on here that I'm not aware of?

I use to really like this state even with it insane taxes, BS gun laws, and corruption but I think it may be time to go. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Today I went to my local PD (Burlington Twp.) to apply for a new HG permit. They say it's been more than 2 years so I need to pay them $18 in a money order or cashiers check for a new criminal background check and get a new "Mental Health" check. The last HG I bought was 4.23.2009, less than 9 months ago. What the F are they talking about?

I explain that my last purchase was April 09 and she states... "That may be but it wasn't done correctly". OK... so am I illegally in possession of a firearm? NO. I explain that I have applied for and obtained 4 HG permits since April 09 but I never used them. Yes sir but you still need to pay the sate police $18 for a new background check. WHY??? Because sir.

What is going on here that I'm not aware of?

I use to really like this state even with it insane taxes, BS gun laws, and corruption but I think it may be time to go. :evil: :evil: :evil:

Just be thankful they aren't making you pay the $56 and change for new fingerprints.

My department requires the $18 every time you apply for new permits, whether it's 1 permit or 100 permits.

I believe some of our well versed members have stated that the state puts the burden of proof of identity on the department and each has slightly different protocols.

our dept has always done the sbi check that requires the 18.00 money order, that is where they got us on this 1 gun a month.. 18 bucks every permit now for me..it was all about the money..it was not to help protect us from guns getting in the wrong hands it was about the 18.00 bucks they could get their hands on..so now the state gets:

18.00 sbi background check

15.00 nick check=

33.00 the state now collects from law abiding citizens who continually have to reach into their pocket.

think about that revenue produced by this scam our government is running..we should no longer refer to it as state government, instead state of our godfather..

The $18.00 covers the check of the Prohibited Person file. Basically it checks to determine if you are prohibited from tasking possession of a firearm.

After which you then pay 15+tax for a Nics check at time of purchase which does the EXACT SAME THING.