djg0770

Learn from my mistake WARNING PG 2 PIC HEAVY

Why can't you hunt with that?

The ONLY rifle allowed in NJ for deer hunting is a muzzleloader

I was about to to call you a liar... But then I looked it up. Do people actually do that?

Most definitely, I actually believe a few members here do it.

Here is NJ.

Rifle Permit

A valid rifle permit is required for coyote, deer, squirrel and woodchuck hunting with a muzzleloading rifle; raccoon and opossum hunting with a .22 caliber rifle; and for dispatching trapped animals other than muskrat with a .22 caliber rifle. Initial rifle permit applicants must be at least 10 years old and have successfully completed a rifle Hunter Education course. Rifle permits for 10 to 17 years olds will be valid only for muzzleloaders. No persons under 18 years old may hunt with centerfire or rimfire rifles. Rifle permits are valid from July 1 - June 30. A current rifle permit is required to purchase muzzloader deer permits.

NY has a few counties that you can hunt with a rifle. Hunting with a rifle in NJ is too damn dangerous. I think I might give up hunting in this state unless I find some private land.

Re: Hunting with a rifle

NJ may be bad, but it's not like we are confined within the state's borders. You can hunt with a rifle right next door in PA (with the exception of SE PA - which is a shotgun only region due to population density). I haven't hunted in a long time, but a PA non-resident license isn't that expensive. And you used to able to buy a three-day non-resident license that was good for small game and varmints IIRC, but not big game. Just sayin that your options are open and you can put that rifle to use next whitetail season in PA.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Re: Hunting with a rifle

NJ may be bad, but it's not like we are confined within the state's borders. You can hunt with a rifle right next door in PA (with the exception of SE PA - which is a shotgun only region due to population density). I haven't hunted in a long time, but a PA non-resident license isn't that expensive. And you used to able to buy a three-day non-resident license that was good for small game and varmints IIRC, but not big game. Just sayin that your options are open and you can put that rifle to use next whitetail season in PA.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I believe my non resident license and muzzle loader permit where like $130. Two doe tags were an additional ~$60ish.

The good thing about PA licenses is that almost everything is included in that yearly license. Don't need various stamps and such for most species like you do in NJ.

Leave bambi alone! :snooty: :D

Good looking rifle, Dan

Bambi is a cartoon character on celluloid. None of us shoot Bambi. Some hunt tall white tailed rats which cause an inordinate amount of damage to cars and plants every year.

Next you'll be telling us to leave Smokey the Bear or Yogi alone...

(j/k Caine)

hahah I'd be lying if i said a few Mickeys hadn't met their demise at my cleverly placed traps when I lived in the city. There may have even been a couple incidents involving air guns, although those incidents usually ended up better for Mickey than my parents furniture...

My fondness for cuteness ends at finding turds on the kitchen counter.. :shock: Luckily, not much of an issue so far in suburban NJ