DevsAdvocate

"California" ARs in NJ

Here is an odd one: In California, their AWB has a couple of interesting workaround including the use of a hybrid stock/pistol grip to get by their evil features list.

So... question: If I got one of these hybrid stock/grips, would that mean I could then have a A2 Flash Hider on my AR? (sans a bayo lug of course)

id rather have an actual pistol grip then that hideous stock/grip thing they have. whats the big deal on a flash hider anyway? is anyone really going to shoot so much at night? youd get more use out of a compensator then a hider. the only reason every other state has the hider is because they can, not because its actually better then a compensator.

this is not legal advice so dont go get yourself arrested but... the more interesting question is:

If you use a bullet button like people in CA, does the semiauto rifle cease to have a detachable magazine and thus can have a flashhider/grenade launcher and bayo lug.

It's my non legal opinion.. and is worth exactly what you paid for it.

and I know I've had this conversation before.. but I would think the bullet button isn't permanent enough for NJ.

The bullet button comes with a dummy cartridge on a string for the purposes of easily removing the magazine.

run a bead of weld around the mag well sealing in the 15 round mag.. and I'd call that permanent. and you can have all the evil features you want.

I gotta say, I don't really understand why anyone cares about some of these "evil features"... bayo lug? who cares... flashhider? eh, it'd be nice I guess, but given some of the comps/brakes we have access to, I think it's largely a moot concern. Sure, it would be nice to not have to perm attach them, but, eh, I can live with that. The one feature that I do see merit in is a collapsible stock, since LOP does play a roll in proper stance and recoil management. But even that isn't an insurmountable obstacle.

I know personally, I'd rather have the ability to have removable 15 round magazines than either of the 3 previously mentioned "evil features"...

It does suck that we have to even worry about such things, but, I do think we're much better off than places like Cali

:twocents-02cents:

edited to correct an erroneously placed "can't" that should have been a "can"

I gotta say, I don't really understand why anyone cares about some of these "evil features"... bayo lug? who cares... flashhider? eh, it'd be nice I guess, but given some of the comps/brakes we have access to, I think it's largely a moot concern. Sure, it would be nice to not have to perm attach them, but, eh, I can't live with that. The one feature that I do see merit in is a collapsible stock, since LOP does play a roll in proper stance and recoil management. But even that isn't an insurmountable obstacle.

I know personally, I'd rather have the ability to have removable 15 round magazines than either of the 3 previously mentioned "evil features"...

It does suck that we have to even worry about such things, but, I do think we're much better off than places like Cali

:twocents-02cents:

You give them an inch and they take a mile.