Guest *_*

Glock 20

What do you guys think of a glock 20 in 10mm?

I was thinking of this round as I believe this will also cycle 40s&w

10mm is a powerful round, I shot one quite some time ago and the recoil was fairly heavy like a .357 but perhaps a bit snappier.

If you want to shoot .40, get a .40. While very similar, the rounds aren't exactly the same and it's quite possible that the .40 doesn't have the oomph to cycle the action consistently. You might have other issues as well.

If you could carry this on your hip like a LEO, it'd be a great gun, but for shooting paper in NJ, shrug. I'd rather shoot a .45...it's more of a push and not so taxing on your hands.

OK, I get the whole 10mm and 40 not fitting thing.

I was thinking of taking this on a hunting trip with me out west.

I know the 10mm is flat in its trajectory and packs alot of punch.

Does anyone have any experience with the glock 20?

OK, I get the whole 10mm and 40 not fitting thing.

I was thinking of taking this on a hunting trip with me out west.

I know the 10mm is flat in its trajectory and packs alot of punch.

Does anyone have any experience with the glock 20?

Oh, as a hunting side arm, it'd be great. Sorry, never shot a Glock 20 but It's a Glock...if you like Glocks it'll work just fine. I personally don't like the feel of Glocks, but they are fine guns and they fire every time you pull the trigger and there's one in the pipe.

MY FAVORITE GLOCK MODEL.

I have owned a few over the years. Best thing Gaston ever put out IMHO. You can hop that boy up or keep it stock. Put a .40 barrel in for cheaper shooting, but shooting fullhouse 10mm rounds is a joy. Get it... thats all I have to say. A great carry gun out in the woods, will handle ANYTHING up to big Grizzlies... even then it might piss them off enough to spoil their appetite for your leg.

MY FAVORITE GLOCK MODEL.

I have owned a few over the years. Best thing Gaston ever put out IMHO. You can hop that boy up or keep it stock. Put a .40 barrel in for cheaper shooting, but shooting fullhouse 10mm rounds is a joy. Get it... thats all I have to say. A great carry gun out in the woods, will handle ANYTHING up to big Grizzlies... even then it might piss them off enough to spoil their appetite for your leg.

OK, im sold. Thanks for the link for the .40 barrel Paul.

Axeman, I was thinking of it for that reason, as a backup in the woods.

If I get jammed up, Mr. Weatherby 300 win mag drops to the floor, and mr Glock 20 comes out blazing.

I am hoping to get the 20c, with the compensators on top.

I have a C model and plain. I like shooting the C better on the line, but I would hate to pull that out in the dark. It gives you a nice flash right in front of your eyes.... The one thing I dont want to use the G20 for is HD. I live in the suburbs and am very worried about over penetration and stray shots. HiPo 10mm rounds will go right through most interior walls and most frame exterior walls.

It DOES help tame muzzle rise a bit... about <40% I peronally think, no science behind that, just feel.

15+1 rounds of full house 10mm is bad mojo for something!!!!!

I was just going off on the 10mm yesterday with Matt, trying to convince him to buy one. Below is a pasted together collection of what I wrote.

To me 10mm is the most flexible autoloading cartridge extant. You can download it to 9mm target ammo levels. Or you can have 41 magnum power levels with autoloader capacity. You can load 200 grain hard cast bear stoppers or 135 grain hollow point people stoppers, and lots in between. Once you shoot a few DoubleTap 135grain screamers, you'll be hooked.

If I ever have to get rid of all my handguns but one, I would choose a 10mm for these reasons. The only pain in the ass is separating the 10mm brass from 40S&W on the range floor, especially since brass gets chucked at least 10 feet with fun loads. :)

I used to make really wimpy 10mm target loads where the ejected shell would land right at my feet. I also used to make loads where the pistol became a flamethrowing monster and the brass ejected 10 feet away (usually this brass had to be thrown away afterwards).

The S&W 10XX models (unfortunately no longer made) are the strongest semi-auto guns I have ever seen. They are solid stainless steel bricks. The recoil spring on a 1006 is so strong, racking the slide is like trying to string Odysseus' bow. The Glock 20 was designed to handle the strongest 10mm Norma loads. The plastic grip soaks up the recoil really well. If you reload, and shoot somewhere that you can police your brass easily, 10mm is the king. You'll never go back.

One last thing. Many conversion barrels (i.e. 9mm barrel for a 40S&W gun) have their reliability issues. This does not exist between the 10mm and 40S&W. Guns made for the two different calibers have the same sized breech face, so there are no feeding and extraction issues. The brass is the same diameter between 40S&W and 10mm. 10mm brass is 1/8" longer (think 38special --> 357mag). You can buy guns in both calibers and reload for both with the same die set.

GO FOR IT!

I have a C model and plain. I like shooting the C better on the line, but I would hate to pull that out in the dark. It gives you a nice flash right in front of your eyes.... The one thing I dont want to use the G20 for is HD. I live in the suburbs and am very worried about over penetration and stray shots. HiPo 10mm rounds will go right through most interior walls and most frame exterior walls.

It DOES help tame muzzle rise a bit... about <40% I peronally think, no science behind that, just feel.

15+1 rounds of full house 10mm is bad mojo for something!!!!!

I love the idea of the big flash at night...

If I ever have to get rid of all my handguns but one, I would choose a 10mm for these reasons. The only pain in the a** is separating the 10mm brass from 40S&W on the range floor, especially since brass gets chucked at least 10 feet with fun loads. :)

Make yourself a brass catcher or buy one.

I like the 10mm's. Have a 20 and a 20SF, also recently picked up a 29.

If I ever have to get rid of all my handguns but one, I would choose a 10mm for these reasons. The only pain in the a** is separating the 10mm brass from 40S&W on the range floor, especially since brass gets chucked at least 10 feet with fun loads. :)

Got a design (that works reliably)?

Got a design (that works reliably)?

There is one that you hold in your hand, the other is a square frame cover by a net with a leg which you set next to you, if your brass goes forward it don

Thanks guys, this input from you has been helpful.

Called the bullet hole and they will have one in on tuesday for me...