Guest *_*

Question: Kimber Warrior or S&W 1911 Doug Koenig

Hi,

I have a couple of kimbers, (a stainless raptor, a pro raptor, and an eclipse target ii)

I have not had many issues with my kimbers because I keep my 1911's greasy and jam free. :lol:

What do you guys think? I know the Marines, or a unit of the Marines went with the Warrior...just wondering what you guys think?

I am burning thru permits, putting guns on hold for 31 days, what a bunch of silly crap.

:roll:

dont know about the doug koenig edition, but the Pro series Smith 1911's are top notch, many have shot them, I love mine.... wolfy can chime in on this.

He bought his, I bought mine after shooting his, and the chain went on.... I believe ColdShot has one in a 45?

I have a Warrior for a few years now and it has been trouble free. I trust my life with it. It has shot everything I put into it form Wolf to Aluminum Blazer.. Any handload I make feeds and shoots well out of it.

I am not a S&W Auto guy, but I would not hesitate to buy one of the Pro Series 1911's. It is a well made 1911. I am sure the DK model is an excellent pistol.

The one huge plus on the Warrior is it does not have any lock or firing pin safety in it.

If you ever wan to shoot mine meet meat BA on a Tuesday.

I have a Warrior for a few years now and it has been trouble free. I trust my life with it. It has shot everything I put into it form Wolf to Aluminum Blazer.. Any handload I make feeds and shoots well out of it.

I am not a S&W Auto guy, but I would not hesitate to buy one of the Pro Series 1911's. It is a well made 1911. I am sure the DK model is an excellent pistol.

The one huge plus on the Warrior is it does not have any lock or firing pin safety in it.

If you ever wan to shoot mine meet meat BA on a Tuesday.

So you are saying there is no "dead man grip" as on my other kimbers?

In other words, the thing on the back of the grip that needs to be depressed to make the gun go bang?

So after going to the BH and comparing the 2, side by side.

I went with the Smith. You guys were right, that gun is solid.

I love the no nonsense target sights. Right out of the box accurate too!

Thanks guys for the input.

that is a great looker. that is the standard Smith?

Its the Doug Koenig.

Do all S&W 1911's have external extractors? I read once that they have a different FPS setup than traditional 1911's.All of this is moot though if the gun runs and you dont ever want to modify it.

Yes which many consider a negative against it, but it's opinion like everything else.

I will stick with my Kimbers, Wolfy's 9mm is nice though.

From what I understand, the Smith external extractor is top notch.

Do all S&W 1911's have external extractors? I read once that they have a different FPS setup than traditional 1911's.All of this is moot though if the gun runs and you dont ever want to modify it.

Yes which many consider a negative against it, but it's opinion like everything else.

I will stick with my Kimbers, Wolfy's 9mm is nice though.

Yeah, I am retiring my Kimbers from USPSA action. Too many issues in rapid fire scenarios.

The smith is much more reliable than a kimber for sure, and I have 3 of them and a die hard fan of kimbers.

It has a grip safety as all 1911's do, it does not have an internal firing pin safety or a stupid internal lock that needs a key..

Oh! the way John Moses Browning meant it to be!

Actually, JMB was forced to add the grip safety by the Army. His original design didn't have one. He was content just with the thumb safety.

If you want to get hardcore about it...

Novak makes a mainspring housing that eliminates the grip safety. It's called "The Answer".

It has a grip safety as all 1911's do, it does not have an internal firing pin safety or a stupid internal lock that needs a key..

Oh! the way John Moses Browning meant it to be!

Actually, JMB was forced to add the grip safety by the Army. His original design didn't have one. He was content just with the thumb safety.

If you want to get hardcore about it...

Novak makes a mainspring housing that eliminates the grip safety. It's called "The Answer".

humn. I dont mind the grip safety.... whats so bad about it?

I am a lunatic.

LOL