Sign in to follow this  
david8613

should i have gotten night sites?

I've never found night sights to be all that useful in the street. I top quality flashlight is money well spend as target verification is more important than glowing sights. But if you are going to get them, it's more cost effective to have them installed when ordering the handgun if they aren't a standard items already.

I have them on my pistol. To be honest the odds of you needing them are very slim. But there is a cool factor. As you stated elsewhere you intend to buy a few more pistols. Get them one on of those if you want. I would not invest that kind of money on an addition to an existing gun if it's not you carry weapon.

I agree whole heartedly with rscalzo in not needing them. Think about one factor. If its that dark that your sites are bright enough to see, can you really ID your target positively? If you train enough sites alost become irrelevant. I submit muscle memory is more important. Here is an example. Shooting a stage at the Aware invitational National Match. Red dot flaked out. Buzzer sounds, draw and aim, no dot! I ran the entire course of fire with nothing but a 30mm ghost ring. I had no MIkes. Why? Because even without sights I focused on muscle memory and still was able to put my rounds where they needed to go. An excersize I do for this. Look at an object with your pistol at low ready. Close your eyes. Aim your weapon (eyes still closed). Open them. How far off are you. Do it enough and you will start to see you are right on. Your muscles will remember where they are supposed to be.