Sign in to follow this  
Melgamatic

My new rifle

I was able to complete my Eliseo R5 Tube Gun last week, and took it out to Cherry Ridge yesterday after the benchrest seminar to shoot it a few times. I wanted to keep the round count very low, because I didn't want to clean it in that weather, but I'll get it out again soon. I only shot at 50 yards because I had no idea how the scope was sighted (just pulled it off another rifle), but it ended up being dead on.

The rifle is chambered in 6mm BR Norma, the barrel is by Hart, the action and chambering by Pierce Engineering. Here is a photo from the bench at Cherry Ridge:

4355937999_121c9c59ca_o_d.jpg

Here are the very first 5 shots that this rifle ever shot:

4355938931_d04f21ab36_o_d.jpg

and then I adjusted the scope semi-randomly, and took these three shots:

4355938263_aeaa58422a_o_d.jpg

4355938681_d51229b824_o_d.jpg

So, I'm pretty happy. These are only 50 yards, and with a scope. I guess it could almost be a BR rifle, but it's too heavy for the heavy varmint class at CR, so I think this will become a XTC / high power rifle with the iron sights I have.

-Dave

Nice. That must have drawn some onlookers at the range.

It was deep snow, 18 degrees and windy. I think there were 4 guys there, maybe....I was hoping that people had stamped down the snow between the line and the targets, but I still had to trudge through the snow.

I competed in the benchrest competition at CR on Saturday, but using the new factory Savage 6mmBR rifle instead of this one. Unfortunately, my tube gun is too heavy to compete in the LV (light varmint) category at CR, so I can't use it for benchrest.

I've used it for the high power rifle competition at MCRPC with iron sights, though, and it's been fun.