Sign in to follow this  
jersey_emt

Shot my first 1-hole group! 8 shots from my Sig P6 @ 7 yards

My girlfriend and I went to the range on Valentine's Day and we put 500 rounds through my Ruger Mark II, 100 rounds through my Sig Sauer P6, and 50 rounds through the Glock 19 we rented, most of it at 7 yards. About half-way through, I loaded a full magazine (8 rounds) into my Sig P6 and shot semi-rapid fire -- about 1 shot every 2 seconds. I brought the target back and was pleasantly surprised to see 1 large ragged hole, about 2 inches high and 1 inch wide. 2 of the rounds were just barely touching the hole, but it was still 1 hole! Ammo was Federal 115 grain FMJ.

My girlfriend also did good that day, with a 5-shot group from my Ruger Mark II at 7 yards, also semi-rapid fire. 2 holes were touching, and all 5 were in a circle a bit smaller than 2 inches across. This was with super-cheap Remington "22 Thunderbolt" ammo which we picked up for $1.47 / 50 rounds at Wal-Mart.

It was the best we've ever done since we started shooting last summer. We left the range with huge smiles on our faces and then thoroughly enjoyed our Valentine's Day dinner at the Lambertville Station restaurant in Lambertville, NJ.

It couldn't have been a more perfect Valentine's Day -- spent some time shooting, doing the best we've ever done, followed by a great meal at a nice restaurant.