Sign in to follow this  
Guest *_*

Kids and gun saftey and parents who are unaware as well!

I was blasting away today at Thunder Mountain shooting some skeet and trap.

After shooting with a group who knew what they were doing, along comes a dad with 2 kids (maybe 14-15)

On the trap field the one kid kept moving around with the barrel, left and right. I said something, and the range guy stepped in.

Then the kid did it again. So I stopped and went over to the kid and schooled him. I explained to him that even though there is nothing in there, he needs to keep the barrel down and in front of him.

The dad said 'You know, their kids, it looks cool' I told him 'nothing cool about your kid not knowing how to handle a firearm, and you should be thinking about what you just said to me!"

Its not cool! WTF?!?!?! After that, thankfully the range guy was all over the kid...

I broke 23 clays, schooled those fools.... :D

Meanwhile, there were about 8 deer just hanging around the edge of the trap field, not bothered by the shots.

I am sure they know 7 1/2 shot wont hurt them at 100 yards...

Parental ignorance... The father should have been the one mentoring his kids. I probably would have spoken to the father first before directly to the kid(s), but out of curiosity, what was the kids father doing when the RO had to reprimand his kid(s)?

Then the father told the kid to 'wake up'

No shit!