Bob D

Model 1 Sales

Has anyone ever ordered from Model 1 Sales?

http://www.model1sales.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=UCO160&storeid=1ℑ=u16carpost.gif&CFID=57593121&CFTOKEN=95030148

I ordered an AR15 Upper assy. mid December 2009.

When I checked on my order today, I was told 6 more weeks.

Am I expecting to much?

Bob D

I started to buy an upper from them but got disgusted. I opted to buy a DPMS from http://www.jsesurplus.com/index.aspx.

I think the quality is about the same, availability is immediate and the prices are about the same.

If you have the hots for a Model 1 I might be able to find the name of a FFL I used in TX that can get Model 1's quicker but you pay a little more.

Frank

I ordered a lower parts kit for my first build from them. The parts needs alot of fitting and filing, something I admittedly was not prepared mentally to do, as it was my first fooray into a black rifle build.

they shipped it quickly...and it was less expensive. But I would not order from them again.

I ordered a lower parts kit for my first build from them. The parts needs alot of fitting and filing, something I admittedly was not prepared mentally to do, as it was my first fooray into a black rifle build.

they shipped it quickly...and it was less expensive. But I would not order from them again.

Are you referring to Model1 or DPMS?

I just checked out that website, and I must say either they ripped off Rock River Arms' page design or vice versa.

Check out RRA for comparison

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm? ... ory_id=228

My DPMS lower parts kit was good except for the trigger guard roll pin and bolt release roll pin. I had to use diamond files to open up the holes sufficiently to get the pins in.

I ordered a chromed bolt and bolt carrier from Model 1 during the 'madness' because I needed one for an upper I purchased. I purchased another one in a private sale when I realized it might be a while. I think it was about 4+ weeks when I finally got it and i got them both within days of each other. Comparing the 2 BC's side by side was an eye opener. The one I bought privately (colt maybe?) was completely smooth where as the Model one carrier still had the machine marks on it and it was clearly just machined and then chromed, no polishing. From what I've heard from others they work fine but are on the low end of quality and I can see why. Clearly your savings is from the final finishing steps that they apparently skip. I haven't had a chance to use this carrier from Model 1 yet so I can't tell you how well it will actually perform yet.

Lunker, I've found that if you crush the very tips of the pins in the vice just a bit, (where the 2 sides just come together, not completely crush it) the pins are easier to start without altering the lower.

Lunker, I've found that if you crush the very tips of the pins in the vice just a bit, (where the 2 sides just come together, not completely crush it) the pins are easier to start without altering the lower.

Thanks. I mangled a roll pin trying to "shrink" it a bit to get it to feed into the hole. The diamond file worked really well and was like $6 from Harbor Freight.

I finally received my AR-15 kit from Model 1 Sales.

The upper receiver and barrel assy. look to be OK.

However, some of the lower receiver parts just did not fit well.

The selector / safety and bolt catch did not work properly.

I didn't want to machine them so I ordered those 2 items from another vendor, (Bushmaster),

and now everything fits and works fine.

I too would not order from Model 1 in the future.

Bob D.