Guest *_*

Thunder Mountain For Some Skeet and Trap Tommorow??

Who wants to meet up at Thunder Mountain in Ringwood tomorrow for some skeet and trap?

Lets break some freakin clays and shoot the shit.

I am thinking noon-1pm to meet there...

WTF?

Does anyone on this board shoot trap and skeet?

Sure, quite a few of us do.

It's helpful to plan events with a bit more notice. I'll certainly go up to Thunder Mountain this year but I had planned on going to Cherry Ridge today and some of the other guys can't shoot today.

We'll probably shoot some informal clays today at the ridge, Matt hasn't got the club thing set up yet so if you wanted to come out, you'd have to pay $25.

Send Matt6669 a PM if you want to do a gathering, he is the event organizer...he'll pester us all to commit :D

I had figured with the nice weather you all would have beem bursting to get out like I was today.

Anyway, Im going to join cherry ridge next month.

Hope to see you guys soon.

I had figured with the nice weather you all would have beem bursting to get out like I was today.

We are bursting to get out and we did. We spent 4 hours at CR today and it was awesome. Shot through another 150 rounds in the 686 and we went through a whole box of clays between Mark, Troy and myself.

I'm not a big fan of Thunder Mountain. The owner is a complete ass. And most of the clientele are a bunch of asses as well and 1/2 of the clientele have no idea about safety. 3/4's of the people that go there are coming from the city with their 2k dollar guns who don't know a thing about shooting. No thanks. I'll go plink for an hour long at CR with good friends and we spent 11 bucks on clays.

M

We are bursting to get out and we did. We spent 4 hours at CR today and it was awesome. Shot through another 150 rounds in the 686 and we went through a whole box of clays between Mark, Troy and myself.

I'm not a big fan of Thunder Mountain. The owner is a complete a**. And most of the clientele are a bunch of asses as well and 1/2 of the clientele have no idea about safety. 3/4's of the people that go there are coming from the city with their 2k dollar guns who don't know a thing about shooting. No thanks. I'll go plink for an hour long at CR with good friends and we spent 11 bucks on clays.

M

I totally 10000% agree about the owners and the customers...nonetheless, I refuse to buy into the hype and shoot there all the time. There are alot of guys up there with 2k shotguns who know how to shoot too...They have all the games I like playing, including a pretty decent sporting clays course....and it also gives you the opportunity to share saftey tips so that person is safe for the future...I cant tell you how many times I have pointed things out to new shooters, and it is rewarding to see them learn safe gun handling, and actually handle the gun safely going forward.

You really cant beat it for the varitey of games they have as well, nowhere in the local area is sporting clays, modern skeet, regular skeet and trap all in the same place...

But, to each his own...

I love shooting trap but prefer to go to Fairfield Trap Club instead of Thunder Mountain. The facilities at Fairfield are absolutely pristine and professionally maintained. Its where alot of top amateur trap shooters go regularly. Thunder Mountain is dilapidated and unkempt plus expensive! Thunder is ok if you are bringing people who have never shot before b/c they have instruction onsite plus the "free" use of their beat up shotguns if you buy their overpriced ammo. You can tell I am not a fan. If anyone wants to meet up in Fairfield, let me know.

I love shooting trap but prefer to go to Fairfield Trap Club instead of Thunder Mountain. The facilities at Fairfield are absolutely pristine and professionally maintained. Its where alot of top amateur trap shooters go regularly. Thunder Mountain is dilapidated and unkempt plus expensive! Thunder is ok if you are bringing people who have never shot before b/c they have instruction onsite plus the "free" use of their beat up shotguns if you buy their overpriced ammo. You can tell I am not a fan. If anyone wants to meet up in Fairfield, let me know.

I've heard people at Hercules say good things about Fairfield, but I've never been there. It's a bit of a long haul for me, but I'd be game to make the trip sometime later in the season if a bunch of us want to get together there. What is the $ per round?

I've heard people at Hercules say good things about Fairfield, but I've never been there. It's a bit of a long haul for me, but I'd be game to make the trip sometime later in the season if a bunch of us want to get together there. What is the $ per round?

Its $7 a round for non-members and $4 a rounds for members. I think the yearly membership fee is $150 plus you get discounts on 12g ammo too.

I never realized how close Fairfield is. That's about a 20 min drive for me. How do they feel about people that suck at trap? :D

They dont care at all. The guys that are good are worried about their own game. They dont even look at the other shooters except when they have to figure out if its their turn to shoot on the line. What they do care about is if you have respect for the place and keep it clean. There is not one used shotgun shell on the ground at that range. It is immaculate. Also, if you have a semi-auto shotgun, please bring a shell catcher so you dont bonk the guy next to you with a flying shotgun shell. Simple etiquette.

I am a member at fairfield, its the best place to shoot...plus about 2 miles from my office for lunch time blowoffs...LOL...

I do actually enjoy being a member there as they have a delivery service that comes once a month with whatever you need, and I do enjoy cleaning up after my 'rude' shotguns spit shells out at the shooter next to me...I do warn the other shooter that my gun spits them out, only had an issue once with an uptight guy who claimed he spent 3k on his shotgun, and didnt want to shoot next to me if my gun was 'doing that' then proceeded to hit about 4 birds...glad he spent the money on the gun...a little instruction would have helped this man look better with his 3k gun....anyway, I go to fairfield alot, I will try to get another shoot planned soon...for us to take over the field...they let me take the last field when I bring business associates, friends, I even closed a finance deal by taking a NYC finance guy there...he was totally hooked...I LOVE WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!