Sign in to follow this  
Pondscum

Got a permit and $250?

Some decent looking S&W .38 police trade-ins. Never dealt with this seller, but thought I would pass it along.

http://www.jgsales.com/index.php/smith- ... 16_211_431

They've been modified to Double Action only, and/or the hammers have been bobbed.

J&G are top notch when it comes to handguns, although I hear some c&r rifles they send out look like a bucket of Sarco.

I was pleased with mine.. but I don't expect a very old used rifle to be shiny and new. That's the problem that you get when buying something sight unseen.

There are a lot of Model 64 and 65's on the used market. Revolvers have been out of use for so long that police trade-ins are almost non-existent. During the mid 80's to early 90's the market was flooded with them.

If you are going to buy a used handgun with the intention of sending it to S&W for a rebuild and refinish, save your money. the added cost would be better spent getting something with a finish you can live with. The double action only isn't a bad feature but the conversion to the standard sa/da is going to run some money. Add the cost of shipping it and you are into the handgun for what a much more suitable one to your needs would cost.

The double action only isn't a bad feature but the conversion to the standard sa/da is going to run some money. Add the cost of shipping it and you are into the handgun for what a much more suitable one to your needs would cost.

I gather that this is not just a matter of ordering some drop in parts?

The double action only isn't a bad feature but the conversion to the standard sa/da is going to run some money. Add the cost of shipping it and you are into the handgun for what a much more suitable one to your needs would cost.

I gather that this is not just a matter of ordering some drop in parts?

That's what I thought, the model 10's are normally SA/DA so switching it back shouldn't be that much of an issue.