Sign in to follow this  
Circlesqr

What's the stupidest thing you've heard in a gun store?

I was walking through the gunshow last weekend and I heard a dealer tell a customer that he should only shoot Glock bullets through his new Glock 22. Any other brand of bullets would void the warranty of the gun.

I couldn't believe I'd heard him say that. :shock: I doubled back to ask the dealer to repeat what he'd said to make sure I'd heard it right. Yes, he repeated it & no he wasn't kidding. :o I walked away in disbelief. Maybe he misconstrued the advice to only shoot jacked ammo through a Glock 22?

Please keep this thread on topic and focus on what was said, not where it was said. The intent is not to bash any one store or employee but rather to share some humor. Thanks.

--Daniel

Overheard a gunshop worker say too many people are getting qualified with firearms in an NRA course and doing mock drills in their house with firearms, doing room clearings. He then said too many people think guns are the answer and that these same people should just use a bat. What?

I heard this recently! (Tuesday)

At an un-disclosed gun shop:

I wanted to look at one the the DPMS Panther AR-15s on the rack. So I asked the gentleman. (This was not a young kid, nor was he a newbie. I used to frequent this store regularly, and he had worked there a while)

I pointed to the one I wanted.

He handed it to me (without checking the chamber, of course). After I had check the chamber, he explained to me how these AK-47's are great guns. You cant beat them. You can drop them in the mud and they'll keep shooting.

I am a forgiving man, I may have forgave him for calling it an AK, once. (I've slipped and said the wrong thing once or twice). But it wasn't once. He kept calling it an AK-47 in a fevered sales pitch that could only be matched by Billy Mays himself.

Now, if only he was selling it at an AK's price, I'd have bought it.

Its really hard to pick one thing, because people in "gun stores" have said so many stupid things about the rifles i own..

but..

"you better be careful with that rifle you put together... I am not going to say anything to anyone but thats highly illegal *points to forward vertical pistol grip*...."