Sign in to follow this  
Tom-NJ2AS

Applied for FID today in Toms River

I applied for fid card and 2 permits in Toms River. i dropped off all of my paperwork (including fingerprint receipt) on january 15th and still have not heard from Toms River. Both of my references sent their responses in before the end of january. You are right, the woman at the front desk is not very helpful or friendly. and if you call toms river to ask any questions they get very snippy/rude and tell you they will call when it comes in and hang up on you.

Jeremy

The woman in Hackensack is great. Very friendly but claims all delays are from the higher-ups which I believe.

Sgt. Levis is great, too. The process still is very slow. I live in one of the cities that think the one gun a month also applies to pistol permits so they only allow one application a month. No way around it. :roll:

I dropped off my fingerprint info Friday, March 26th. My friend works in the court to the right when you walk in. His aunt is on vacation for 2 weeks. So i will start counting days starting on April 9th i guess. Not holding my breath. Knowing people only can help so much. You would think i could hand her my USMC records jacket with all my training (Including PMI School) they would just hand it to me! lol

I dropped off my fingerprint info Friday, March 26th. My friend works in teh court to teh right when you walk in. His aunt is on vacation for 2 weeks. So i will start counting days starting on April 9th i guess. Not holding my breath. Knowing people only can help so much. You would think i could hand her my USMC records jacket with all my training (Including PMI School) they would just hand it to me! lol

The best advice at this point is to go into the mountains and freeze yourself for three months.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/104408

If you happen to wake up in the future and the world is run by super-intelligent sea otters, you over shot.

well, its been a week since i dropped off the paperwork, and yesterday my references got their papers. Hopefully my buds aunt is processing quick for me

what do the papers look like and where did they come from (state police or local pd)?

the reason I ask is because about 11 years ago, my references were never contacted nor they ever filled anything up. I still got my permit though.

well, its been a week since i dropped off the paperwork, and yesterday my references got their papers. Hopefully my buds aunt is processing quick for me

what do the papers look like and where did they come from (state police or local pd)?

the reason I ask is because about 11 years ago, my references were never contacted nor they ever filled anything up. I still got my permit though.

In Hackensack, they are mailed out from the local PD. I believe each town is different but asks the same usual questions. They make my references get the letter notarized.

RU kidding.A week in East Brunswick? How long ago was this? It takes at least 3 or 4 days for references to get their letters. Toms River guy, don't believe everything you read.I think the proverbial chain is being pulled.

In regards to what?

In regards to what?

in regards to the turn around time. There's another thread that posts the number of days it took to get one's permit and the average is at least a month. The quickest I think was like 3 weeks, so getting it in a couple days is practically unheard of.

Honest to god fellas..i just went through this in east brunswick... after i applied i had my prints scheduled for 7 days later, and 7 or 8 days after that everything was ready for me. my FID was issued 4/27/10. I wouldnt lie about this.

Got the call tonight. ID Card and permits are in!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Picked up fingerprint paperwork march 10th. Got fingerprinted and handed in paperwork on March 19th. ;)

Plus my boss was away for a week holding up the referrals.

I might have set a record here in toms river!!!

You would think that a state that considers gun control so important, would have a uniform policy regarding how the laws are administered.

The first time I applied a year ago, it went as smooth as silk. I had 3 permits in 5 weeks.

The next time I went through agony over a screw and finally sat down with local Police Chief. He was very apologetic and explained the State Police call the shots.

Well when it comes time for my ref. I would hope it does not take that long because both the ref. I put down are police officers there. Hopefully that speeds up the process for me.

Yeah - that doesn't do squat for you. This is NJ, the only way "who you know" matters is if their names are Ben Franklin, U.S. Grant and Andrew Jackson.