RedWhiteNBoltAction

anyone use CCI Rimfire .22LR before ? opnions?

hey all,

the title really says it all , im really new to the firearms world. im looking to get a chiappa 1911-22 as my first pistol . target shooting is my goal, so im looking at some ammo . idk whats good and whats not. any help on this particuliar ammo ( CCI .22Lr) would be helpful.

Thanks

hey all,

the title really says it all , im really new to the firearms world. im looking to get a chiappa 1911-22 as my first pistol . target shooting is my goal, so im looking at some ammo . idk whats good and whats not. any help on this particuliar ammo ( CCI .22Lr) would be helpful.

Thanks

CCI rimfire are pretty much considered to be the cream of the crop and it shows (price wise).

Never had any problems with CCI rimfire personally.

+1 to CsJ.

CCI stuff is top notch and it is a bit more expensive, $30 a brick (500rnds+) versus $20 to $25 for the cheaper stuff. but it is really good. Mini mags and standard velocity ammo is great. It is perhaps the best non-match grade ammo.

Second best, and what I buy in bricks when I can find it, is Federal 40gr and 36gr stuff. Avail either at shops, or in the red packs if you buy from walmarts, outside of nj of course.

CCI blazer is also good. runs a bit hot, but is great ammo, never had issues with. I havent seen it in over a year, but have found a few bricks recently at dicks. It was $15 to $16 a brick last I saw it, now it is $20 or $24 at dicks.

The stuff to stay away from... Remington golden bullets. Complete garbage, well, mediocre garbage. Worst part, runs dirty, hit or miss quality, and the bullets are coated, so it leaves more crap in the barrel. However, it is the cheapest and most readily avail.

Go shoot some CCI mini mags , or standard velocity stuff, look at your fingers from loading and handling the rounds.. Then go do that with the golden bullets. =P

+1 to CsJ.

CCI stuff is top notch and it is a bit more expensive, $30 a brick (500rnds+) versus $20 to $25 for the cheaper stuff. but it is really good. Mini mags and standard velocity ammo is great. It is perhaps the best non-match grade ammo.

Second best, and what I buy in bricks when I can find it, is Federal 40gr and 36gr stuff. Avail either at shops, or in the red packs if you buy from walmarts, outside of nj of course.

CCI blazer is also good. runs a bit hot, but is great ammo, never had issues with. I havent seen it in over a year, but have found a few bricks recently at dicks. It was $15 to $16 a brick last I saw it, now it is $20 or $24 at dicks.

The stuff to stay away from... Remington golden bullets. Complete garbage, well, mediocre garbage. Worst part, runs dirty, hit or miss quality, and the bullets are coated, so it leaves more crap in the barrel. However, it is the cheapest and most readily avail.

Go shoot some CCI mini mags , or standard velocity stuff, look at your fingers from loading and handling the rounds.. Then go do that with the golden bullets. =P

Spot on, I've bought both. Remington golden bullets are gross. Paid 18.99 for 525 golden bullets, 24.99 for CCI Standard Velocity. Even the packaging is nicer.

Rimfire pistols are picky, some will only shoot the expensive stuff others will only shoot the cheap and

some love anything. I suggest buying a few boxes of different brands and see how they all run before buying in bulk.

The 1911's conversions seem to all require 40g bullets so I would stick with that to start. You will also have to clean

more with rimfire they tend to be dirty and mini mags are wax coated so it can build up and cause cycling issues after a 100 or so rounds.