JimmyAGR

Finally got to shoot my new Noveske AR

After ordering a new Noveske SPR 18" with stainless barrel I found out that I needed surgery. Well still not 100% I was able to finally try and zero the gun and Leupold Mark 2 scope. It also was my first time shooting at CJRPC, as I got my membership last night.

The day was warm and there was a good breeze, @ 10 knots or so. I first zeroed at 100 yds with Prvi Partizan 75 gr. match. All was looking good as I realized I need a spotting scope. Very hard to find each shot threw the scope. After 20 rounds of match the rifle proceeded to chew threw 20 rounds each of XM193, 855, and PMC bronze. For the last 40 rounds moved it back to 200 yds and couldn't find much of a difference, maybe an inch high from zero, but again no spotting scope. Good thing my birthday is coming. It performed flawless and I have a great big smile. I can't wait to go back tomorrow with my son.

I love my Noveske as it is as good as I had heard, and CJRPC is really nice also, good people and only 4 people at the high power while I was there.

Jimmy

Sounds like a blast. I am planning a similar build soon.

Get well soon

Thanks Brisco, good luck with your build. I have another stripped lower that I might build if I can hide it from my beautiful bride.

how were the groups? =)

Lets just say that all rounds hit 8 1/2 x 11 targets, LOL. Actually I was very happy for the first time with it. Might need some trigger work as there was some creep and could have been smoother. I would like to try it off a rest just to see what it can do. I am sure that the rifle is better then the shooter as happen in most cases.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Very nice. I had to go back through the pictures and admire your beauty again. I'm about to jump on the mid-length train... though I'm digging the Daniel Defense pencil profile barrels.

Again, beautiful Noveske. Makes my BCM feel second rate :cry:

Very nice. I had to go back through the pictures and admire your beauty again. I'm about to jump on the mid-length train... though I'm digging the Daniel Defense pencil profile barrels.

Again, beautiful Noveske. Makes my BCM feel second rate :cry:

Thanks BBK, I went shooting again today with my son. I surprised him by having another Noveske this one the N4 light 16". His face was priceless, :shock: when did you get that, LOL.

Everything I've read BCM makes one hell of a rifle. I actually have another Noveske lower and was looking at their barrels and BCG. Just have to sneak it past the wife. It's a crazy thing, didn't care for them in the service, loved the M-14 but now it's hard to not keep getting different styles.

As an aside I have 130 once fired brass, mostly Federal 5.56 if anyone is into reloading. Just let me know as it is looking for a good home.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Thanks BBK, I went shooting again today with my son. I surprised him by having another Noveske this one the N4 light 16". His face was priceless, :shock: when did you get that, LOL.

Everything I've read BCM makes one hell of a rifle. I actually have another Noveske lower and was looking at their barrels and BCG. Just have to sneak it past the wife. It's a crazy thing, didn't care for them in the service, loved the M-14 but now it's hard to not keep getting different styles.

As an aside I have 130 once fired brass, mostly Federal 5.56 if anyone is into reloading. Just let me know as it is looking for a good home.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Jimmy,

I see you're in Atlantic Highlands too. You should come out to Ft Dix with us soon. Some of the self-employed members here go on Wednesdays, but most of us are stuck going on weekends or days that we take off.

Thanks,

Jimmy

Jimmy,

I see you're in Atlantic Highlands too. You should come out to Ft Dix with us soon. Some of the self-employed members here go on Wednesdays, but most of us are stuck going on weekends or days that we take off.

Lunker that would be great. I would love to check out Dix, and also put some faces to screen names. Let me know when, and if you would like to check out CJRPC let me know. At the moment I have a pretty flexible schedule. They also have 24 hour hand gun range so even if you work for a living you can get there :lol:

Jimmy