Sign in to follow this  
ChrisJM981

N00b Replacing a stock and a barrel swap

I left the front pin in. I moved it enough to seperate the upper from the lower, but it's still in the lower receiver. Might as well tell me the trick since I'm sure I'll efff that up too somehow. I'm the posterboy for Murphy's Law.

I left the front pin in. I moved it enough to seperate the upper from the lower, but it's still in the lower receiver. Might as well tell me the trick since I'm sure I'll efff that up too somehow. I'm the posterboy for Murphy's Law.

you use a $.79 1/4 inch Clevis pin from Lowes or Home Depot :oops: I found out AFTER i spent $11.00 on a tool from Brownells. Anyway, you slip the clevis in from the left side, drop the spring and detent through the hole in the pin into the reciever, use a punch to compress the spring, then Spin the clevis 1/4 turn to trap the pin. Line up the push pin, and use it to push the Clevis through and the detent should snap right up into the slot. DO however, make sure you have spare detents...even with the tool it takes a little practice, so count on losing at least one..LOL

Hey, as long as it's that level of detail. I've seen people attach an upper to a lower and call it a "build"

Let them call it whatever they want, it's their rifle and their BUILD!

Would you prefur ASSEMBLY? or ATTACHMENT?

:clap: :lol::lol::lol:

Stock and grip have been replaced. The grip was easy to change. The stock would have been if I followed the directions. Put buffer tube in first then put on foam. K-Y water based lube would have made it easier. Of course I was impatient and put it on dry. After getting the full length spring and buffer (and the detent spring that I lost) in the mail the Hogue rubber molded grip and ACE Skeleton Stock are on! Once I figure out how to take the barrel off without a vise it will be time for a free floated barrel, new rail set, and either a vertical grip or bi-pod. My Troy BUIS will be here tomorrow and I will put a picture up with that on as well.