Sign in to follow this  
Spartacus99

45ACP at Ramsey Paramus

I was at Ramsey Paramus today. The guy behind the counter said that they had no 45ACP ammo and would not be getting any in the foreseeable future. He also mentioned new legislation in California limiting the purchase of ammo as a possible cause. Is this guy full of shit. I'm going to be getting my first handgun soon and I am considering getting a 45. Should I be reconsidering?

I was at Ramsey Paramus today.

Mistake #1. Mr personality with the brown curly hair waited on you?

Is this guy full of ****. I'm going to be getting my first handgun soon and I am considering getting a 45. Should I be reconsidering?

Yes, he's full of it. There is no pending legislation in NJ about ammo quantities.

.45 is not the cheapest ammo, perhaps you should consider 9mm for your first centerfire pistol. You'll get quite a bit more trigger time for the same amount of money.

I just bought .45 acp at the Ramsey Outdoor store in Ramsey!! I just bought a box of CCI aluminum cased crap. I could have sworn it was 18 bucks there a month ago or so and now its 21.99 per box!

i was there on 3/31. they had the cci aluminum and also had federal bulk box for $120 i believe. it was a cardboard box that said federal. dont remember how many rounds.

I was at Ramsey Paramus today. The guy behind the counter said that they had no 45ACP ammo and would not be getting any in the foreseeable future. He also mentioned new legislation in California limiting the purchase of ammo as a possible cause. Is this guy full of ****. I'm going to be getting my first handgun soon and I am considering getting a 45. Should I be reconsidering?

Nothing but baloney...go up the road to davis and he has plenty of .45....

.45 is the most commonly avaliable round, Cabelas has plenty, Dicks has plenty...

its all hype...

.45 is the most commonly avaliable round, Cabelas has plenty, Dicks has plenty...

its all hype...

45 ACP ??? I cant find decent stuff anywhere but online. Cabelas is backordered on WWB.

its all hype...

45 ACP ??? I cant find decent stuff anywhere but online. Cabelas is backordered on WWB.

I had Winchester 45 on order since Jan. from Cabelas. Last week I saw that they had PMC bronze, so I called and changed the order. Had it in 2 days. It was $144 for 300 and a dry box.

Jimmy

its all hype...

I had Winchester 45 on order since Jan. from Cabelas. Last week I saw that they had PMC bronze, so I called and changed the order. Had it in 2 days. It was $144 for 300 and a dry box.

Jimmy

This guy has it on sale

http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/s ... duct4.html

1000 rds pmc for 359.99 plus S+H

Since we are on the topic of ammo, is there any ammo I should stay away from? I want to order some now so when I buy my gun next week I will be ready. I'll be buying either 9mm or 45ACP.

I'm a new shooter so far I've used

Federal American Eagle.- Nice clean ammo my top choice if I can find it at a decent price.

Winchester white box (WWB) (not the US made ones) Nice decent stuff but not very consistent.

PMC Bronze - Dirty as heck , But goes bang every time. This is the one I am stocked up on since it's available most often online.

One I've read good things about are Sellier Bellot brand. But as of yet I cant find it in my price range.

I stay away from all non brass cased ammo.

Since we are on the topic of ammo, is there any ammo I should stay away from? I want to order some now so when I buy my gun next week I will be ready. I'll be buying either 9mm or 45ACP.

Not that you'll have any problems with it, but I would avoid the Aluminum Blazer, Wolf steel and anything lacquered at least initially. Buy some Winchester White box, American Eagle, Federal, Lawman, Blazer Brass, or any other quality brass ammo for at least the first 100 rounds. After you've verified that the gun works, then you can start going with the cheaper ammo. If you start having feed problems right out of the box using cheap ammo, you can't tell if it's the ammo or the gun.

Mistake #1. Mr personality with the brown curly hair waited on you?

I went in there after visiting Dick's since they still are waiting on their permits for their guns and ammo. The nice guy I was chatting with in Dick's said they are going to carry long guns & shotguns only, but will carry ammo for pistol, rifle, and shotgun. Most likely UMC and Winchester white box for 9mm. .22 Ammo in bulk as well. Yey! :dance:

The guy behind the counter made me so angry with his crappy tone of voice when I asked for Hornady Defense ammo. He interrupted me mid-sentence and said, "We have Blazer & Winchester." I left and went back to Dick's to buy some Hoppe's No. 9 and other cleaning supplies. On my way out of Ramsey Outdoor I was thinking to myself, "I hope this place goes out of business." I won't be going there again.