petros600

.50AE AR upper-.now with pics

I went today with my brother to couple shops looking for Glock19 for him and i end up getting a .50AE upper with 5 magazine (a costly impulse buy). Does anyone owns one of them? Can i put it to any lower or has to have mil specs? Any info would be great cause i dont know if i want to keep it yet.

Thanks

I used to have an Alexander Arms Beowulf .50 that would drop on any AR lower. It was a cool weapon but ammo is impossible to find and expensive when you do find it. I am not familiar with .50AE though. Sorry...don't know why I even responded to this now that I think about it :?

Just so you guys know, the company Hesse Arms/Vulcan Arms is known for some of the absolute worst quality products. I read from one guy who had one of their AR's that was made so bad he had to remove burrs on the inside of the receiver so it would work properly. They changed names to Vulcan Arms to try and shake off bad press. I would stay far away from anything they have made.

Just so you guys know, the company Hesse Arms/Vulcan Arms is known for some of the absolute worst quality products. I read from one guy who had one of their AR's that was made so bad he had to remove burrs on the inside of the receiver so it would work properly. They changed names to Vulcan Arms to try and shake off bad press. I would stay far away from anything they have made.

Way to :obscene-moneypiss: on someone's parade.

:whistle:

The Beowulf is certainly an excellent weapon and Alexander Arms produces excellent products...when they produce them. They have been well behind on orders for most of their products. Maybe now that "the craze" seems over they will catch up. I think their best work though is the 6.5 Grendel. A wicked accurate platform but that too seems to be in trouble. If I were to buy a big bore AR me thinks the 458 SOCOM or 450 Bushmaster might have more legs.

Of course...I could be wrong.

Spreading the word about Hesse/Vulcan is a public service! There is a reason their builds are BANNED on many sanctioned event firing lines!!!

With that being said, whos upper is it?

Ive avoided the boomers because of ammo availability. But 458 is almost 2x the cost of 50Beo. Lat couple times I have looked, I have actually been able to find 50 Beo ammo. I dont care for the .450 Bushmaster based on loading options. 458 is best for handloading, I believe 50 Beo is best for factory because I believe it a bit easier to find than 458.

Im almost positive AA doesnt/hasnt make/made an ae upper.

I agree.

Whoever said it was easy to find Beowulf ammo must live in a different world than I do. I had an order at Cabelas take eight months to fill and couldn't find any in that time period.

Every time I have looked in the last two months they show it available. It shows available right now. 6 months ago I would have agreed with you entirely. I continue to watch to see if its just a good spell of availability and will return to forever backordered.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... jsp.form23