Sign in to follow this  
bulpup

Veterans made the call on TS SUV

I agree an older generation would figure out the smell.. not sure smoke alone would alert someone but as busy as times square someone would notice you would think...

:handgestures-thumbup: to the capture of this a**hole.

I agree an older generation would figure out the smell.. not sure smoke alone would alert someone but as busy as times square someone would notice you would think...

The majority of New Yorkers are oblivious. They walk down the streets, hardly aware of the traffic lights ahead of them, never mind a parked vehicle. The street vendors are a bit more observant, watching to make sure their wares don't "walk away".

The majority of New Yorkers are oblivious. They walk down the streets, hardly aware of the traffic lights ahead of them, never mind a parked vehicle. The street vendors are a bit more observant, watching to make sure their wares don't "walk away".

I always thaught they walked on their own.. :lol:

I wonder how many people in NY, other than vets and the odd fireworks enthusiast would know exactly what gun powder smells like with enough confidence to call the police.

In Times Square? Probably most of them since they are often coming from free states.

Besides though, I think that gunpowder and fireworks smell different, it's similar but different. Black powder is closer to fireworks but still different. Shrug. My brother in law is a professional fireworks guy so I've been downwind when they're testing the 12+ inch mortars and other stuff. The rockets smell like one thing, the bangers smell like another, neither smells like gunpowder to me. Again, it's similar but distinct.

I agree. I believe I can tell the difference as well. Black powder probably smells the closest. Interesting that the veteran/vendor claims he could tell it was fireworks too.

As far as fall out... even though this guy had the Kel-Tek with the folding stock, I worry more what the fireworks biz in PA will look like come July. Last time I bought Class C they took a copy of my driver's license and made me sign a waiver. Talk about easy to track.

The Kel-Tek seems more like an after thought.

Bloomberg was already going out of his way to say that "fireworks are illegal in NY, but they drive to PA and buy the"

I can just see it now:

Mayors Against Illegal Fireworks :lol:

It could happen too. However, imagine the amount of succes that guy would have had if he had used a simple highway flare.