Sign in to follow this  
Guest HuntingPaper

Florham Pistol and Rifle Club

I believe this is a shotgun/clays club only, but I could be wrong.

Last year I sent the contact email address (found through some shotgun sports club info site) but never heard anything back, so figured I had a bad/wrong/old email.

Then, this spring I started getting emails inviting me to shoots. I think they've all been 20g shoots; don't know if they have other things going on and they just invite me to these, or what.

So, semi-mysterious.

Very mysterious... I've been picking up pieces here and there and apparently they have an indoor pistol range only for members. Next week I might do trip to it and try to find out since is a 15 minute ride from home.

Florham as in Florham Park? Very close to me if it is.

Yes, Florham Park. I found this address listed:

90 Brooklake Rd

Florham Park, NJ 07932-2819

They may not be opposed to it.

I'm guessing, just guessing, that this "range" is probably something run by a member or friend of the church and they try to keep it "close to the fold".

Perhaps if Melgamatic wanted to share some contact info we could ask them directly.

They do have a big chunk of land there.

A friend of mine is a member.

They have a pistol and rifle range. Membership is pretty restricted, you basically have to know a current member to get sponsored for a new membership. Additionally, new members are prohibited with regards to guests and sponsorship.

I'm still waiting to shoot there with my buddy, if and when it happens I'll post some better info.

Interesting. I think I'll stop by this weekend and see what I can shmooze up. I'll sweep their floors if I hafta...

Keep us posted!

I found a listed number for this club and I called them. It is a private club for Florham Park residents and as it now they have a waiting list of over 100 people.

I was a member of a once thriving outdoor 25 and 50 yd bullseye range in the Meadowlands that had been in a remote section of Seacacus since the 1960’s.  Over the years new houses and Condos were built closer to the range and after a legal battle we were forced to abandon the outdoor 50 yd turning target bullseye range with about 40 firing points due to noise and safety issues. ( Cherry Ridge is the only 50 yd outdoor range remaining in north NJ )

D. Zawicki