GoNRA

F*** California

Follow through is everything here. If there dirt bags they will do nothing.

If they are stand up teachers they will give a lesson on what it means to be an American and the sacrifices we have and continue to make to make the world a better place. Starting with what rights and standard of living we have compared to the lands that many of these kids and there parents fled from.

Sadly I think I already know which path they will take.

As far as sending the kid home. Safety is what I would want for my child and then we will figure on handling the rest later.

Follow through is everything here. If there dirt bags they will do nothing.

If they are stand up teachers they will give a lesson on what it means to be an American and the sacrifices we have and continue to make to make the world a better place. Starting with what rights and standard of living we have compared to the lands that many of these kids and there parents fled from.

Sadly I think I already know which path they will take.

As far as sending the kid home. Safety is what I would want for my child and then we will figure on handling the rest later.

maybe I am younger (and more stupid).. or maybe just a little pig headed.. but i would NEVER want my kid treated like that for wearing an AMERICAN FLAG... sometimes you gotta stand up for what is right.. sometimes it will cause you some discomfort and or even problems.. but at the end of our lives... the life you live will be summed up in a series of defining moments.. and it would be nice to look back on those events knowing you did what was right.. stood up for what you believed in.. I am not a supporter of passive compliance when you KNOW that what is being done is wrong.. I feel all too often in this country especially, we do nothing because we are afraid of the consequences..

like in the other thread.. about the cop and shooting to save.. if a cop.. was being SHOT AT.. and i had a firearm.. and it was OBVIOUS that he was in trouble.. to the point where there was NO reasonable doubt.. i would like to think that i would aid the officer.. NOT because i WANT to shoot anyone.. NOT because i like guns.. but simply because that is a human being who through the course of his job puts his life on the line EVERY day, for me.. to live safely.. and aiding the officer even if not socially OR legally correct, would IMO be the least you could do.. you can make tons of twists and conditions where it would NOT be the right thing to do "well what if the guy in the cop uniform hiding behind the cop car bleeding to death was really a criminal, and the guy who looked like some kind of "thug" shooting his gun "sideways" at the "cop" was really an undercover officer" well if that is the situation I guess I am screwed..

My question is this, does he wear that American flag shirt all the time?

If he wears it often, for example, when was the last time he wore it to school? Last month? The month before? The last year? Would he come to school on some random day in September with American flag shirt, shoes, shorts and headband? If yes, then the teachers are being stupid.

But, if he specifically bought/wore that gear on Cinco De Mayo, just to stir the pot and potentially cause trouble, then he's a just being a troublemaker and deserves to be sent home.

I feel the same way about open carriers in states where people can do that. If they carry openly often, or fairly often, in their everyday lives and neighborhood and also wear it to the tea party. But when they go out of their way to open carry just on that day, they're just a tool IMO.

On the internet, that's called "trolling" - people do it in real life too!

If he wears it often, for example, when was the last time he wore it to school? Last month? The month before? The last year? Would he come to school on some random day in September with American flag shirt, shoes, shorts and headband? If yes, then the teachers are being stupid.

But, if he specifically bought/wore that gear on Cinco De Mayo, just to stir the pot and potentially cause trouble, then he's a just being a troublemaker and deserves to be sent home.

I feel the same way about open carriers in states where people can do that. If they carry openly often, or fairly often, in their everyday lives and neighborhood and also wear it to the tea party. But when they go out of their way to open carry just on that day, they're just a tool IMO.

I believe one of the kids sent home is half Mexican. I don't find anything wrong with stirring the pot. If no one did that here we wouldn't have any rights left for fear of being politically correct. We are Americans, and should be able to wear what we want when we want. I can wear a Met's jersey to Philly, or would that also be stirring the pot and I would deserve to have something escalate?

Just my 2cents,

Jimmy

I believe one of the kids sent home is half Mexican. I don't find anything wrong with stirring the pot. If no one did that here we wouldn't have any rights left for fear of being politically correct. We are Americans, and should be able to wear what we want when we want. I can wear a Met's jersey to Philly, or would that also be stirring the pot and I would deserve to have something escalate?

Just my 2cents,

Jimmy

No no, I never said anyone deserves retaliation or anything like that. Speaking of ballgames, my uncle wore a KC Royals jersey to Yankee stadium once for a Yankees vs. Royals game. Well he got a popcorn shower. Behavior like that is just immature.

I'm just saying high school isn't the place for political statements. If the kid likes wearing USA flags year round good for him, but if I were the teacher I wouldn't want any kid making trouble in class for any reason. Here to learn math, science, history, whatever, neutral no politics.

Just my 2cents,

Jimmy

No no, I never said anyone deserves retaliation or anything like that. Speaking of ballgames, my uncle wore a KC Royals jersey to Yankee stadium once for a Yankees vs. Royals game. Well he got a popcorn shower. Behavior like that is just immature.

I'm just saying high school isn't the place for political statements. If the kid likes wearing USA flags year round good for him, but if I were the teacher I wouldn't want any kid making trouble in class for any reason. Here to learn math, science, history, whatever, neutral no politics.

I seen a guy get a popcorn shower by the mascot at a blueclaws game, he just wasn't paying attention to the game.. so the mascot decided to dump popcorn on his head, lol no harm done.