Sign in to follow this  
OceanTactical

Penalty for violating one per month???

That's an interesting question. In the original bill, there is a statement portion which states that a violation is a crime of the fourth degree, 18 mos, $10,000. But, that statement does not appear in the published statute. I went back and read the "Pamphlet Law" and the statute. I don't see a punitive measure. NJ statutes are convoluted -- it must be somewhere.

A buyer or seller who violates the provisions of the bill would be

22 guilty of a crime of the fourth degree. Fourth degree crimes are

23 punishable by imprisonment of up to 18 months, a fine of up to

24 $10,000, or both.

2C:39-10. Violation of the regulatory provisions relating to firearms; false representation in applications.

a. (1) Except as otherwise provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, any person who knowingly violates the regulatory provisions relating to manufacturing or wholesaling of firearms (section 2C:58-1), retailing of firearms (section 2C:58-2), permits to purchase certain firearms (section 2C:58-3), permits to carry certain firearms (section 2C:58-4), licenses to procure machine guns or assault firearms (section 2C:58-5), or incendiary or tracer ammunition (section 2C:58-10), except acts which are punishable under section 2C:39-5 or section 2C:39-9, is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

• Like 1

2C:39-10. Violation of the regulatory provisions relating to firearms; false representation in applications.

a. (1) Except as otherwise provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, any person who knowingly violates the regulatory provisions relating to manufacturing or wholesaling of firearms (section 2C:58-1), retailing of firearms (section 2C:58-2), permits to purchase certain firearms (section 2C:58-3), permits to carry certain firearms (section 2C:58-4), licenses to procure machine guns or assault firearms (section 2C:58-5), or incendiary or tracer ammunition (section 2C:58-10), except acts which are punishable under section 2C:39-5 or section 2C:39-9, is guilty of a crime of the fourth degree.

So since my Police Dept is violating 2C:58-3 (f.) would that make them guilty of a crime in the fourth degree? :D

So since my Police Dept is violating 2C:58-3 (f.) would that make them guilty of a crime in the fourth degree? :D

I always wondered what would happen if the major manufacturers got together and did what Ronny Barret did to CA. When CA banned .50cal rifles, he stopped selling 50 cal rifles to everyone in Cali - from Joe Schmoe to the police agencies. I think it'd be hilarious for the big companies to get together and be like, sorry, we can't sell you that M4gery, but we can sell you one with a fixed stock, welded on brake and hey, we'll give you a good deal on 15 round mags...NYPD wants some new Berettas? yeah sure, here's some 10 round mags for them! :lol:

I mean it's no big deal, not like they would need that stuff anyway, it's illegal so none of the criminals have it anymore, right? :lol:

Of course some other company would just go and sell to them. Or better yet, they could do what NJ's criminals do - buy elsewhere/illegally :lol:

Seems to me that when you are run thru NICS or the phone call to the State police would stop it there, but i guess the wonderful computer system NJ has (that DMV uses and screws up peoples lives) should catch it provided that someone understands what it says

quote="PK90"]

I always wondered what would happen if the major manufacturers got together and did what Ronny Barret did to CA. When CA banned .50cal rifles, he stopped selling 50 cal rifles to everyone in Cali - from Joe Schmoe to the police agencies. I think it'd be hilarious for the big companies to get together and be like, sorry, we can't sell you that M4gery, but we can sell you one with a fixed stock, welded on brake and hey, we'll give you a good deal on 15 round mags...NYPD wants some new Berettas? yeah sure, here's some 10 round mags for them! :lol:

I mean it's no big deal, not like they would need that stuff anyway, it's illegal so none of the criminals have it anymore, right? :lol:

Of course some other company would just go and sell to them. Or better yet, they could do what NJ's criminals do - buy elsewhere/illegally :lol:

he is Prohibited from selling .50's to Joe Schmoe.. ASIDE from that however, Ronnie WILL sell his prodicts to any individual Claifornia state Resident that are legal there, including the new .416 Barrett Semi-Auto. he will also sell to individual officers, as long as they sign a waiver ststing that theri purchase will not be used for Duty purposes, and he had pretty much pledged to charge anyone who violates that with fraud Civilly and criminally...So far AFAIK nobody has tested him on it. I was worried about that becuae i was seriously contemplating a 98-B when NJ's .50 ban was on the table, and I was assured by his son that theyw ould still see to individuals here, just not agencies.

he is Prohibited from selling .50's to Joe Schmoe.. ASIDE from that however, Ronnie WILL sell his prodicts to any individual Claifornia state Resident that are legal there, including the new .416 Barrett Semi-Auto. he will also sell to individual officers, as long as they sign a waiver ststing that theri purchase will not be used for Duty purposes, and he had pretty much pledged to charge anyone who violates that with fraud Civilly and criminally...So far AFAIK nobody has tested him on it. I was worried about that becuae i was seriously contemplating a 98-B when NJ's .50 ban was on the table, and I was assured by his son that theyw ould still see to individuals here, just not agencies.

Interesting, thanks for the detailed info. And yeah, that's exactly what I was getting at, what would be the effect if more and more manufacturers did what Ronnie did and said the bans effect everyone, not just Joe Schmoe, as a way of protest. I bet if 4-5 others joined in, it would definitely send a message.

Interesting, thanks for the detailed info. And yeah, that's exactly what I was getting at, what would be the effect if more and more manufacturers did what Ronnie did and said the bans effect everyone, not just Joe Schmoe, as a way of protest. I bet if 4-5 others joined in, it would definitely send a message.

Ronnie can do it because he is a Niche Market. Refusing to sell to California, and Hawaii Governmental Agencies doesnt cost him all that much off his Bottom Line. It's a stand that he can AFFORD to make. Is it Grandstanding?? Yeah it is, and it's effective as HELL. But you will NOT see a say, Glock, or SiG do it becaue they would be costing themselves Millions of Dollars, since they rely on Local and State Government for sales, as opposed to Barrett, who's PRIMARY source of Revenue is the Federal Govt. If Obama and Congress passed a Federal ban on .50BMG's incivilian hands tomorrow, you would NOT see Ronnie stop selling to the USG.