Sign in to follow this  
71ragtopgoat

Crash Involving Mass. Lawmaker, Suspected Illegal Immigrant

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05 ... t=My+Yahoo

The immigration debate is heating up in Massachusetts after a suspected illegal immigrant allegedly crashed into a state lawmaker's car while driving drunk last week.

The immigration debate is heating up in Massachusetts after a suspected illegal immigrant allegedly crashed into a state lawmaker's car while driving drunk last week.

MyFoxBoston obtained police reports that show suspect Isaias Naranjo was arrested after crashing into state Rep. Mike Moran's car at 60 miles per hour and then bragging to police that they couldn't punish him.

According to the report, the suspect "just laughed, slurring that he was going to go back to 'my country' Mexico. 'Nothing is going to happen to me, man.'"

Though the suspect is being held after his blood alcohol content registered at .25, Massachusetts State Police spokesman David Procopio told FoxNews.com that state policy prohibits police from looking into the suspect's immigration status.

That's after Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick rescinded an order three years ago by his predecessor Mitt Romney that empowered state police to enforce immigration law.

Republican State Rep. Jeffrey Perry said the governor should reconsider that decision in light of the accident -- and he said the crash should also bring renewed attention to a measure he sponsored that would prohibit illegal immigrants from receiving taxpayer-funded benefits.

"I feel sad that there had to be a car accident for this to happen," Perry told FoxNews.com.

Perry's benefits proposal was narrowly defeated in the Massachusetts House several weeks ago, but he said voter "pressure" could drive the Senate to reconsider.

"Massachusetts is just kind of ignoring the problem," said Perry, who is running for Congress.

Massachusetts is one of a host of states considering new immigration proposals after Arizona's legislature approved a controversial policy in April requiring state law enforcement to check the immigration status of people they suspect of being in the country illegally. The proposal has divided lawmakers across the country -- some have moved to impose boycotts on Arizona in protest of the law, while others have pledged to draft bills that replicate the law.

In the case of Naranjo, the suspect was charged with driving under the influence, driving without a valid license and leaving the scene of an accident, according to MyFoxBoston.

Patrick's aides defended the governor's decision to rescind Romney's immigration order, saying corrections officials can still pursue the immigration violation, according to MyFoxBoston

Just shoot him and be done with it....

Then kick all the illegals out to add insult to injury (or death in this case)

Killing someone for being an illegal alien and drunk driving is a little harsh. Be realistic.

We have a free trade treaty, there should be a free jail-swap treaty. That way they can get deported but also have to serve time in Mexican jail. That way we don't have to pay for keeping this guy or any other illegals who commit crime in this country.

Also it's bullshit that something has to happen to a lawmaker before they decided to do something about it. Oh it doesn't bother them enough to do anything about it until it affects them personally. They should be representing the masses, not themselves.

Killing someone for being an illegal alien and drunk driving is a little harsh.

disagree... if you factor all the resources they rape away, then add in all the damage they cause, couple that with the innocent AMERICAN lives they cost.. and then.. on top of all that.. factor in that they view our laws as useless, and they will continue to just come back as many times as they can...

when you consider ALL of that.. death seems pretty reasonable to me..

disagree... if you factor all the resources they rape away, then add in all the damage they cause, couple that with the innocent AMERICAN lives they cost.. and then.. on top of all that.. factor in that they view our laws as useless, and they will continue to just come back as many times as they can...

So in your opinion we should kill all the people in the country who are on welfare and use any type of federal or state aid? I mean afterall they are using our resources but not contributing. Yeah let's line em all up and shoot em!!! Wait.. let's save bullets and smash them in the heads with rocks!! Again not very realistic.

There are very, very few infractions of the law that should be punishable my death. Being an illegal alien and drunk driving are neither of them. However this is a gun forum so I guess a gung-ho rambo type response should be expected.

I think that something should be done about the illegal alien problem. Do I have a realistic answer to it? No. However I think it's just common sense that death penalty to all is not the answer.

So in your opinion we should kill all the people in the country who are on welfare and use any type of federal or state aid? I mean afterall they are using our resources but not contributing. Yeah let's line em all up and shoot em!!! Wait.. let's save bullets and smash them in the heads with rocks!! Again not very realistic.

There are very, very few infractions of the law that should be punishable my death. Being an illegal alien and drunk driving are neither of them. However this is a gun forum so I guess a gung-ho rambo type response should be expected.

I think that something should be done about the illegal alien problem. Do I have a realistic answer to it? No. However I think it's just common sense that death penalty to all is not the answer.

that's just the problem..

you knock my solution that WORKS... and you bring nothing additional to the table..

this has been going on for YEARS.. no one wants to own up to the fact that there is NO OTHER reasonable solution..

lock them up here - waste of tax payers money

send them home - count the minutes till they on their way right back

we unfortunately have NO reasonable solution.. shooting them IS harsh.. but it would actually STOP the problem..

lastly comparing ILLEGAL immigrants to LEGAL citizens is equally unreasonable.. one belongs here.. and the other illegally enters..

and yeah as far as welfare goes.. i would give you my opinion on that waste, but it would only piss me off that much more..

Oh great - another pissing match. :hand: Lemme drag out my Mosin...

can we not add drama to every discussion in which people disagree... i fail to see the issue with people disagreeing.. is that not why we have forums such as this.. to discuss and exchange ideas, that in some cases may involve differing opinions..

NOT arguing with YOU, just saying..

Disagreeing is one thing. Beating a dead horse, going back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth, well, it reminds me of this picture I have.

spatnyden8ir5ni0oo0sf.gif

Oh great - another pissing match. :hand: Lemme drag out my Mosin...

can we not add drama to every discussion in which people disagree... i fail to see the issue with people disagreeing.. is that not why we have forums such as this.. to discuss and exchange ideas, that in some cases may involve differing opinions..

NOT arguing with YOU, just saying..

I do however agree with you abot this 100%

Disagreeing is one thing. Beating a dead horse, going back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth, well, it reminds me of this picture I have.

spatnyden8ir5ni0oo0sf.gif

yeah.. not exactly what happened here.. i have not insulted this guy and he has not insulted me.. we are just discussing something we disagree on.. all of 3 posts.. think you might have jumped the gun a little..

Well there is always camps we could setup, and they could build stuff for free while serving their sentences. Then we can export it to other countries, and this would make up the money they stole from us. This may be a little harsh though, but not as harsh as killing them.

Then after their sentence is up deport them, and see if they wanna come back to be put back to work.

Well there is always camps we could setup, and they could build stuff for free while serving their sentences. Then we can export it to other countries, and this would make up the money they stole from us. This may be a little harsh though, but not as harsh as killing them.

Then after their sentence is up deport them, and see if they wanna come back to be put back to work.

maybe even with a sign over the front gate that says "Work Shall make you Free"..... :shock:

Really we are never going to stop illegals until we figure out the average cost to the taxpayer of each illegal and fine the employer the same amount when we catch them hiring them. When it does not make economic sence then it will stop and not until.

Really we are never going to stop illegals until we figure out the average cost to the taxpayer of each illegal and fine the employer the same amount when we catch them hiring them. When it does not make economic sense then it will stop and not until.

Again, we are placing the blame on someone else. If the feds were doing their jobs and deporting these people without any legal mumbo jumbo, then they would not be here for employers to hire!

What do you say to the employer who hires Hose A who has a drivers license and a social security card but happens to be illegal? Is the employer to blame because Hose A falsified documents?

It's simple, have the feds support the local PD's. KPD and PK90 can correct me if I am wrong, but I would bet any regular LEO can gauge with 90-95% accuracy whether someone they pull over is legal or not within the first 15 seconds of speaking to them. Give the local PD the RIGHT and AUTHORITY to do what needs to be done. Get the FEDS to do what they are supposed to do. Speed up the deportation process to the point where our C-130's that regularly fly training missions between McGuire and Jersey Shore make a slightly longer regular training flights with one way cargo to Mexico City, period.

Killing someone for being an illegal alien and drunk driving is a little harsh. Be realistic.

We have a free trade treaty, there should be a free jail-swap treaty. That way they can get deported but also have to serve time in Mexican jail. That way we don't have to pay for keeping this guy or any other illegals who commit crime in this country.

Wasn't it obvious I was exaggerating just a tad?

Wasn't it obvious I was exaggerating just a tad?

Not really. Especially since the other poster pretty much supported that decision. But if you were you were, no biggie.

Really we are never going to stop illegals until we figure out the average cost to the taxpayer of each illegal and fine the employer the same amount when we catch them hiring them. When it does not make economic sense then it will stop and not until.

Again, we are placing the blame on someone else. If the feds were doing their jobs and deporting these people without any legal mumbo jumbo, then they would not be here for employers to hire!

What do you say to the employer who hires Hose A who has a drivers license and a social security card but happens to be illegal? Is the employer to blame because Hose A falsified documents?

It's simple, have the feds support the local PD's. KPD and PK90 can correct me if I am wrong, but I would bet any regular LEO can gauge with 90-95% accuracy whether someone they pull over is legal or not within the first 15 seconds of speaking to them. Give the local PD the RIGHT and AUTHORITY to do what needs to be done. Get the FEDS to do what they are supposed to do. Speed up the deportation process to the point where our C-130's that regularly fly training missions between McGuire and Jersey Shore make a slightly longer regular training flights with one way cargo to Mexico City, period.

Thats the key..it's SOMEWHAT better now. at least ICE will answer the phone, and if you have somneone who has committed a crime they'll take it..but we are VERY limited on what we can do because it's federal law, and the Authorization to Contact ICE is Restricted to a VERY narrow lane of offenses from our former AG. taht said I also remember the time when you would call INS with a guy who admitted he was illegal, and committe a major crime, and the answer would be "WTF Do youwant us to do about it?" I got a 3 day suspension once for my answer to that question. :twisted:

maybe even with a sign over the front gate that says "Work Shall make you Free"..... :shock:

thats a really good idea.. maybe we could use hard work that is UNPAID to teach them a lesson.. you could almost like work the spirit out of them.. so when finally deported.. they DON'T want to come back....

thats a really good idea.. :clap: