Maksim

Gun Show May 29/30, Bristol PA

29th & 30th Kings Caterers 4010 New Falls Road, Bristol, Pa 19007

250 Tables Available

http://newsite.appalachianpromotions.co ... x?tabid=67

$6 admission after $1 off coupon at link above.

Will be going, not sure what day yet.

Maks. I was planning to get there about noon. But I'm flexible.

Same. The show is close enough that even if it is a total fail, only about 35 mins from my house, and 10 mins from brothers, and a bunch of walmarts, and I do have some free money I got to pick up at the Parx.

probably, around $12.99 or so. But.....

by the show, you have at least 3 walmarts, all bound to have ammo, either 50 round boxes for $11 or so, or 100 round boxes for $22.

Heck, I work in PA, so I'll go there. I'm hooked to this sport, now, so I'd want to get the largest quantity (better value). Walmart in NJ does not sell ammo?

by the show, you have at least 3 walmarts, all bound to have ammo, either 50 round boxes for $11 or so, or 100 round boxes for $22.

Heck, I work in PA, so I'll go there. I'm hooked to this sport, now, so I'd want to get the largest quantity (better value). Walmart in NJ does not sell ammo?

Nope.

As far as quantity, fyi.... they typically limit you to 6 boxes of ammo.

Other really good values, and what i mostly buy now is 22lr.

Nope.

As far as quantity, fyi.... they typically limit you to 6 boxes of ammo.

Other really good values, and what i mostly buy now is 22lr.

Last time I went to Walmart, in April, they were selling 9mm 50 packs of Federal for $9.47. :handgestures-thumbup:

I'm going over first thing Saturday before Maks gets all the good stuff!

No kidding! :lol:

Mike, what time are you going to be there until? Maybe a few of us can get together and grab lunch? or go walmart ammo hopping.

I'm planning on going on Saturday. Might be going with Pizza Bob. Also thinking about checking out the local Walmarts too. Hopefully there will be enough ammo if we end up all going together. :D

i just came back, didnt see good deals, Eagle arms was there and they had the 91/30 for $115. I dont know why but in the Allentown show they always drop them to $99. They also had an Hungarian M44 for $300!!!

Ammo was still expensive (9mm for $15) so your are better off going to Walmart.

Ok, back after my long trip.

Overall, the show was ok. I last went to this show 1 year ago and forgot how small it actually was. Most of the big players were there, Eagle Arms, Ed's, precision tech, etc.

To follow up on Petros's comments, some stuff was marked a bit higher. Chinese type 53's, hungarian m44's etc were $300. Ammo was a bit more as well. the mosin's at eagle arms were marked $115, but saw a 10% off sticker on them.

i asked him about it and was told it was partly for two reasons. show was smaller, and the availability of 91/30's was drying up.... alot.... and fast. One cited isntance was when eagle arms called the distributor, they only had 2 crates of 91/30's avail.

I think we are close to the point where 91/30's are done. I would not hesistate to pick one up now. They seemed to be in better condition, and still a terrific value.

Speaking of value's, SKS's for the most part, were $325 to $350 for Yugo's, and a tad more for the two norinko's I saw. Ed's also had an MSAR (aug clone) for $979. it might of been the older version that does not take the AR mags.

Primers were $28 for wolf, $32 for Federal.

ammo was expensive, the cheapest 9mm per say was like $13 a box.

I did get two good deals for a decent price from Eagle Arms. Picked up an Enfield No 4 Mk 2, and a Sweedish Mauser m/38 in pristine shape.

It was very difficult to pass up a stellar deal I was offered on matching Czech capture Mauser 98k's....

surprise of the show, er, question mark, was a basterdized? Finn M39. Was in great shape... however the wood stock it looks like was covered in truck bed liner? Blacklightning pointed it out.

Miss of the show... I was beat to a Sweedish Mauser m96 by 30 seconds.

Next week is a 2 for 1 I believe with two shows in allentown.

The show, for $6 is not a terrible way to spend your money. While you are there, visit Walmarts in the area... There are 3 in the area, Bristol, Bensalem, and the new one on rt 13 that is 24/7.

I went to the bensalem one and they were full of 9mm ($9.47 a box), 40 S&W. and others. they had no 22lr bricks. did not see 45acp as usual.

I'm thinking of going tomorrow. I'm looking for a Carcano and possibly a decent Trapdoor? Think I will have any luck?

I can't say I recall seeing a Carcano. Sorry. Then again, I wasn't looking for one.

At the start of the show I saw a great last ditch Arisaka type -99 marked $175. A few hours later it was sold.

Maks

I saw the Arisaka but i thought was $275(it even had the dust cover)

I cant believe i missed the Swedish Mauser!!!! What was the price? Pics?I was looking for one. Did you get it from Eagle arms? Cause i was there around 9am and they didnt have enfield's or Swedish Mauser's. The show was too small but i guess if you were able to get some deals was worth it!!

Maks

I saw the Arisaka but i thought was $275(it even had the dust cover)

I cant believe i missed the Swedish Mauser!!!! What was the price? Pics?I was looking for one. Did you get it from Eagle arms? Cause i was there around 9am and they didnt have enfield's or Swedish Mauser's. The show was too small but i guess if you were able to get some deals was worth it!!

Arisaka was on a rack, towards the center to the left. $175. You sure you didnt see a regular one? This was 100% certain a last ditch. good condition for a last ditch, but not for a regular type 99.

The enfield and mausers were in the mosin crates. So I think you probably just passed them by thinking they were mosins.

There were 3 crates.... only 1 was full of mosins. :doh:

Maks. How many rifles do you have now?

not enough. lol. jk

there are still a few that I want that I have not yet picked up.

ALOT of my rifles have been surplus, so they are $400 at the most...as opposed to paying $1k for a black rifle.

my philosophy, given a choice, I would rather have 10 mosins over 1 ar.