Spartacus99

Until I get my CCW

If you live in northern NJ even AFTER you get your CCW permit (which will likely be from another state) you will STILL likely be carrying that since CCW for non-leo is virtually nonexistent.. ;)

Just for what it's worth, we visited Knives in a discussion here a while back...and I brought up a story from a guy I was chatting with on FR who gutted a bad guy with a Spyderco.

You can read that story here: http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/ ... page=15#15

He displays the Spyderco he used a few posts down.

The discussion on here was at this link: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4056&p=48558&hilit=spyderco#p48558

while we are on the subject..

so can i carry my glock fixed blade knife in a backpack in my car?

just curious..

attachment.php?attachmentid=115334&d=1250771182

just curious..

Do you have a lawful purpose?

How about a can opener? :lol:

Or to cut the seat belt in case one gets stuck after a car accident.

just curious..

Do you have a lawful purpose?

sure..... i find myself in the woods pretty often and bring it with me when i go... it is just a general purpose camping knife.. small pocket knife just not as useful when dealing with heavier duty chores...

"The guy who wins a knife fight is the guy who bleeds to death last"

Seriously.

You guys are not Rambo. Sorry. Unless you have martial arts training, or experience knife fighting, you have no clue what you're in for if you think you're gonna defend yourself.

There's also the old saying about bringing a knife to a gun fight. You think shitbag criminals in Newark have a hard time getting a gun?

And even if the dirtbag doesn't have a gun, you think a white boy from the 'burbs can win a knife fight with a guy who grew up in the streets? :lol:

Seriously.

You guys are not Rambo. Sorry. Unless you have martial arts training, or experience knife fighting, you have no clue what you're in for if you think you're gonna defend yourself.

There's also the old saying about bringing a knife to a gun fight. You think shitbag criminals in Newark have a hard time getting a gun?

And even if the dirtbag doesn't have a gun, you think a white boy from the 'burbs can win a knife fight with a guy who grew up in the streets? :lol:

Nice way to set up a strawman and knock it down.

Seriously.

Nice way to set up a strawman and knock it down.

Hey, it beats chest beating and pretending I'm some hard, grizzled, knife fighter from the mean streets of Boonton :lol:

Anyways, good luck with your knife fights guys.

Hey, it beats chest beating and pretending I'm some hard, grizzled, knife fighter from the mean streets of Boonton :lol:

Anyways, good luck with your knife fights guys.

I don't recall anyone mentioning any chest beating?

Not really sure if I was "chest beating", just merely pointing out that we should not make assumptions about other forum members ability or inability to handle themselves under various circumstances. I have personally been robbed at knife-point, robbed by 2 people without a weapon, had a gun held to my head, and stood my own against 2 muggers, with a host of various other minor incidents throughout my years living in NYC. I did not get injured in any of the situations I mentioned, and I am not looking for any kind of fight, especially a knife fight. These experiences and how I handle them are just a product of my environment. So for me to carry a knife does not mean I am looking to use it or that I am proficient in its use. I am just adding it to my arsenal as another tool towards the means of getting out of a bad situation unharmed.

Seriously.

didn't know we were trying to have a pissing match but..

I train under Cardo Urso for both mixed martial arts, AND combatives (knife stick empty hand)... he is a Miletich Fighting Systems instructor.. does air martial training... and is credited with being an integral part in the development of the Marine Martial Arts Program (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Cor ... ts_Program ).. is that adequate enough..

don't just assume because you are on the internet that everyone taking part in the conversation is some hopped up wannabe internet tough guy, doing everything in their power to be perceived as cool.. I ask the questions i asked here because i want to be within the law while carrying items i am fairly proficient at using....

lastly.. with the way things are these days.. i would say you are better off to have a weapon than not.. you are likely to hand over the wallet and completely comply, only to have johnny crackhead gut you like a fish.. compliance does NOT mean walking away uninjured... all it means is you make it easy for them to make you a victim.. if I am going to get robbed.. i may not win.. but I am going to make it as hard as I can for the bad guy.. and hopefully I at least make a nice enough wound that there is a good blood trail to follow when the police finally arrive...

Yes. BTDT with the puke's own knife after he stuck me. For a number of reasons I'll let it go at that. And for the record, I'm about the whitest white guy you have ever seen. Muggers and punks want an easy mark, not one who fights back, "white boy from the 'burbs" or not.