Overt

Trying to find a Mosin

So I'm slowly building my armory, but funds are running low so instead of just not getting a gun, I'm going to get a cheaper gun :D

I've seen some people recommend using AimSurplus, but there's something unnerving about buying such an old firearm without seeing it first. I know it's hit or miss ordering blind like that, but has anyone used aimsurplus for mosins with success? Or does anyone have any suggestions on where else I can look where I know I won't get a "lemon"?

So I'm slowly building my armory, but funds are running low so instead of just not getting a gun, I'm going to get a cheaper gun :D

I've seen some people recommend using AimSurplus, but there's something unnerving about buying such an old firearm without seeing it first. I know it's hit or miss ordering blind like that, but has anyone used aimsurplus for mosins with success? Or does anyone have any suggestions on where else I can look where I know I won't get a "lemon"?

If you pay for handpick they're usually in pretty good shape. I believe those are all Arsenal Refinished and then stocked right away so almost all of them are in decent shape.

Mine came in really nice shape. I sold it on the forums though because I wanted to make room in my safe and I found a Dragoon era 91/30 with laminated stock.

Contact Tony at TJ Sporting Arms on this site (user: tj462nj). I bought my Mosin from him at a great price, and the rifle was in excellent condition.

+1.. I got my mine from that no good dirty bastard Tony as well.,. How dare he take my money and give me a nice rifle?

Contact Tony at TJ Sporting Arms on this site (user: tj462nj). I bought my Mosin from him at a great price, and the rifle was in excellent condition.

+1.. I got my mine from that no good dirty bastard Tony as well.,. How dare he take my money and give me a nice rifle?

LOL, I like that Don

LOL, I like that Don

Oh, and thanks to you and that stupid rifle we both ended up with boar sausage! The Russian rifle took out 2 Russian Boar..man, i hate to see what the future holds.. :D

Back the OP, when i was last @ TJ's, there were 2 nice Mosins in great shape available..

autoxny is selling one here.

except his is a sniper with scope, and I doubt the OP wanted a $400 mosin.

95% of all mosin's out there from distributors and dealers are all in very good shape. Reason why, after the war, the soviet union refubrished all of them, stuck them into crates, and stored for world war 3.

Ukraine has now taken over those assets and needs money, so they opened the warehouse and started selling those crates of firearms.

I would say on a Mosin, for the most part, paying for hand pick is pointless.

See if any of our dealers have any, if not, go to a gun show in PA, Eagle Arms usually has a crate or two of them.

One thing though, you will HAVE TO clean it.

At the very minimum, go to walmart, buy 5 cans of brake clean. 4 cans to spray down the stock, 1 can to spray down the metal parts. This will get rid of most surface stuff. There will still be cosmo in the stock, so if you want to get that out too, you will have to cook it out.

I am actually contemplating selling one of my 91/30's, already cleaned and all. I have a bigger case of Mauseritis than Mosinitis. Add to the fact that I just got a call about a certain Remington 700 in a certain caliber that starts with 338.

Yeah I've heard about the nightmares of cleaning the cosmo off these things.

My ideal situation is buying one that I know works and shoots OK, but I know chances are I'll be buying one straight from the crate. Though for around $100, I can't really complain too much.