Sign in to follow this  
david8613

how many pistol permits are you allowed to get?

With OGAM I would assume the max you could get at one time would be 6. And you'd need to be very diligent about buying your handguns every 30 days on the dot.

This is true barring the use of one of the many non-exemptions to the OGAM law.

You can get as many as you want. If you have a problem, you call the NJSP firearms div (believe me, these guys are aware that NJ's laws are crap, and law abiding citizens are not the problem) and tell them the town, the name of the person, and the phone number.

Then wait a day or 2, go back and apply with no issues...

The permits are a social contract, so I don't know how anybody could justify limiting the amounts of paper that could be given out. The individual going out and breaking the law (OGAM) is where the problem would lie... like any other crime!

there is a catch now though, with the 1 gun a month rule, so with an extension for another 90days on the permits that are originally only good for 90 days you could only use 6 permits legally, am i correct?

there is a catch now though, with the 1 gun a month rule, so with an extension for another 90days on the permits that are originally only good for 90 days you could only use 6 permits legally, am i correct?

No, you are technically incorrect as there are "exemptions" within the law for "collectors" and inheritors.