Scrap

JUST GOT A ZASTAVA PMP... TEH HOTNEZZ!!!

I am absolutely enthralled with my new rifle, a Serbian? Zastava PMP 7.62x39mm!

Anyone have any tips/info/etc?

Thanks!

Oh and I put on a brand new NcStar red dot + laser scope that I got bore-sighted at the shop...I am thinking that maybe I chose the wrong scope and I need an illuminated reticle , high(er) power scope like a 3-9x40/42/etc.. Any recos? I don't need Leupold or Unertl, I am not Bob Lee Swagger or Master Guns Tom Becket... but I would like somethin nice...Thanks!

Dont you mean the PAP, imporated by EAA? :roll:

I prefer the iron sights, but thats just me. The raised cheek-bar on the stock is a tad bit annoying with irons, but you get used to it.

Single-stack WASR mags will work in the PAP. Obviously, double-stack wont unless you do some dremeling work. Its an AK, its going to eat up any ammo. Im not a fan of Wolf, although it does shoot fine in it. I get cases of Brown Bear rather cheap so I shoot that instead. The furniture on the PAP is probably the nicest wood Ive seen on an AK, if its not good enough for you I dunno what to tell you. If youre going in the direction of plastic furniture, check online...tons of sites for that stuff.

if it is the PAP then this belongs in the AK section..

in regards to parts.. optics.. etc..

for optics you need to decide what type of shooting you expect to do..

i don't really shoot my AK series rifles past 150yrds simply because that is what i wanted THAT gun for.. close shooting out to a medium range.. with the MAJORITY of shooting happening 50-100yrds... for that reason i use an Ultimak rail coupled with an Aimpoint H1 it is a good fast reflex sight, red dot is fine in that range IMO.. the Ultimak rail allows for true real time co-witness, so if you WANT or NEED the irons they are RIGHT there.. the 7.62x39 round is all about that medium to short range IMO.. so a magnified scope is kind of over kill and will make close shooting more annoying.. if you plan to try to shoot this thing LONG range then a magnified optic would probably be useful.. BUT.. this round.. this gun.. are not meant to be incredibly accurate.. so that is another reason I just use a reflex site on it..

as far as brands.. quality.. some may disagree with me here.. but I ONLY buy quality stuff.. the reason is i would rather buy ONE part that i can pretty much bank on out living me.. even if its costly I KNOW that if i ever NEED that gun.. and grab for it.. it will function without issue.. the same can't be said for some of the cheaper brands out there... especially when it comes to optics..

if you want a reflex sight and dont want to spend a TON..

maybe this

bushnell trs-25 (seems to get good reviews and is a clone of the H-1 I run on my gun)

http://www.opticsplanet.net/bushnell-1x ... 31303.html

coupled with an Ultimak rail

http://ultimak.com/M1-b.htm

if your gas tube HAPPENS to be the same as a Saiga i have an Ultimak gas tube that I am selling now..

don't cheap out when it comes to optics.. or you will end up with parts that fail, lose zero, and basically just cause problems..

Thanks!

Oh and I put on a brand new NcStar red dot + laser scope that I got bore-sighted at the shop...I am thinking that maybe I chose the wrong scope and I need an illuminated reticle , high(er) power scope like a 3-9x40/42/etc.. Any recos? I don't need Leupold or Unertl, I am not Bob Lee Swagger or Master Guns Tom Becket... but I would like somethin nice...Thanks!

nice congrats. another member with PAP 8). u got synthetic black, rite? i was lookin for wooden stock for the rifle (they used to make it with one) but no luck. the mags >>> pretty much Romanian is the only "value sensitive" choice we got. EAA sells our mags for $45 for one, $30 for two or more. b carefull with Romaks thou, a lot of times u have to play with them to make them work.

look for the pix on my PAP on the forum. the only mode so far >>> Krebs aperture sight. DW is rite, u dont really need anytin above red dot on this one. i got the simplest red dot possible, but so far using irons only. its all about "torso" hits 8)

or and almost forgot >>> make sure u take the rifle apart and clean clean clean. they dont really know how to store them well and i dont know wat kindda oil/lubricants they use. this rifle is maybe cheap, but its def not free 8)

Two auctions on GunBroker for EAA PAP with wood furniture. Do not hesitate to buy online from reputable dealers.

The first is by "The Attic" in North Dakota. The owner, Don, is a nice guy and the sale couldn't have been any easier. I bought two from him.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =175765425

I don't know anything about this seller, but he has an A+ rating with nearly 4000 transactions.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =175618279

Two auctions on GunBroker for EAA PAP with wood furniture. Do not hesitate to buy online from reputable dealers.

The first is by "The Attic" in North Dakota. The owner, Don, is a nice guy and the sale couldn't have been any easier. I bought two from him.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =175765425

I don't know anything about this seller, but he has an A+ rating with nearly 4000 transactions.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =175618279

the 2nd action >> the one from SportsmansSafari actually just the pic is in wood. the rifle he is selling is "EAA 350210 ZASTAVA PAP BLACK SYN STK 16.34" 10RD 7.62MM X 39MM"

but the 1st one looks amazing !!!! wish i didnt have one already 8)

Thanks!

I have some post of my Zastava on here with some photos for break downs and a couple mods.