Just searched, is it 3/4 Oz limit?

Correct. my Wife has the one with the Spring-loaded cover over the button rather than the twist-type Federal Labs i think?? i'll have to dig it out and check.

One thing I like to tell people about the sprays. I did have occasion to use it once on a guy that really didn't like me dating his ex GF.

The stuff has an expiration date and it is best to make sure that it never reaches that.

The other is, as KDP said, it works on 90% of the population. In my one expereince I ran into a guy that was not instantly affected. It took about 3, maybe 4 seconds. I had a little struggle with him and let him break off. I left and he followed. I gave a warning, he laughed, I gave another, he kept walking and when the stream hit him he knew what it was and turned. It still got him right on the bridge of the nose. He turned back and said "aw that shit doesn't even hurt." Then it worked.

What that means in a practical sense is to use it when the person is far enough away that they can't "grapple" you. In this case I didn't have any fear that this guy could take me but he was just relentless. If I were a little weaker or someone like my former girlfriend and waited until the guy grabbed my arm I would have been in a REALLY bad position.

The other thing I did was try hitting him with a "controlled burst." I will never do that again. Garden hose style from now on.

apparently this was correct. Read on >

Your only allowed to carry a small canister of pepper spray in NJ, totaly worthless. Have her carry a can of wasp or hornet spray. Preferably one that has a nozzle that fires a nice thick stream. Tell her to spray the scumbag in the eye's and then kick him in the balls 30 times.

I have about 100 arrests that say you're wrong.... while it doesnt work on EVERYONE, it will stop about 90% of the population cold, giving her enough time to Unass the area.

90 arrests with the 3/4 ouncer, or the 12 ounce can kept in your cruiser?

Your only allowed to carry a small canister of pepper spray in NJ, totaly worthless. Have her carry a can of wasp or hornet spray. Preferably one that has a nozzle that fires a nice thick stream. Tell her to spray the scumbag in the eye's and then kick him in the balls 30 times.

I have about 100 arrests that say you're wrong.... while it doesnt work on EVERYONE, it will stop about 90% of the population cold, giving her enough time to Unass the area.

I would like to know that as well! :doh:

The can i carry on my belt, maybe 2 ounces? i;m NOT a blieuver in hosing them down they get a short controlled squirt to the face, then i back off and let it work. IMO Hosing them actually mitigates the effect allwoing them to fight more. And we dont have the 12 oz cans available.

The can i carry on my belt, maybe 2 ounces? i;m NOT a blieuver in hosing them down they get a short controlled squirt to the face, then i back off and let it work. IMO Hosing them actually mitigates the effect allwoing them to fight more. And we dont have the 12 oz cans available.

and MORE importantly... the more you get on them... the more that gets on you IF it escalates to a struggle.. ;)

and MORE importantly... the more you get on them... the more that gets on you IF it escalates to a struggle.. ;)

yes and no, if you;re in contact range you are GOING to get overspray on you..i've been sprayed by my own people more than i want to remember..yet another reason i dont believe in the "Fog the whole effing area" approach. the carrier for the capsacin, especially the water based sprays can actually wash the irritant OUT of the eyes when you overload them. one quick 1-2 secong Shussshhhhh is MORE than enough to do the job. if that doesnt work, MORE wont either.

Correct. my Wife has the one with the Spring-loaded cover over the button rather than the twist-type Federal Labs i think?? i'll have to dig it out and check.

Would you mind checking and let me know what exactly she has? A spring loaded cover seems the right thing to have for quick deployment and using without fumbling with complicated contraptions.

What do you think of this? A hand-strap seems like a good idea too, but not sure if this has the spring-loaded cover.

Would you mind checking and let me know what exactly she has? A spring loaded cover seems the right thing to have for quick deployment and using without fumbling with complicated contraptions.

What do you think of this? A hand-strap seems like a good idea too, but not sure if this has the spring-loaded cover.

That is the one, without the strap.

Just a recommendation based on my experiences, ladies should either wear it on their belt or put it in the same pocket in their purse (or pants) with nothing else in that pocket all the time. Habitual location of protection devices is the only way to guarantee quick deployment.

My mother puts her cell phone in a cell phone holder and then throws it in her purse. She wonders why she keeps missing calls (aside from being hard of hearing)...

Some women are meticulously organized in their purses, and others, well, they're more like my garage. :oops:

Just a recommendation based on my experiences, ladies should either wear it on their belt or put it in the same pocket in their purse (or pants) with nothing else in that pocket all the time. Habitual location of protection devices is the only way to guarantee quick deployment.

My mother puts her cell phone in a cell phone holder and then throws it in her purse. She wonders why she keeps missing calls (aside from being hard of hearing)...

Some women are meticulously organized in their purses, and others, well, they're more like my garage. :oops:

I keep trying to get my GF to do somewhat of a "pocket check".. shell forget her phone, wallet, keys, etc depending on what shes wearing, or what bag of crap shes hauling around that day.

I know most of us guys do it. Wallet, keys, knife, flashlight, etc.

Teach her the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique.....

What about a pocket knife of some sort? I know they aren't the best defense tools, But I am sure it would act as a good deterrent if anything. :think:

Teach her the Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique.....

What about a pocket knife of some sort? I know they aren't the best defense tools, But I am sure it would act as a good deterrent if anything. :think:

Watching kill bill too many times are we? :lol:

Pocket knives, not such a good idea ... need to be too up close, much potential for grappling.

Why not a sub-compact Japanese sword? ;)