nott

1911 carry configs

I've got a Dan Wesson CBOB which is stainless and bobbed and I love the way it shoots and handles. I've concealed carried it a few times and liked it thus far, still working on the best position to keep it to keep the printing to a minimum.

M

If you had a Officer frame with a bobtail, I could see that impacting your grip. It doesn't affect my Dan Wesson Bobtail in 10mm. I think you would be good with Commander and Government 1911's because the frame is full size on both.

If you had a Officer frame with a bobtail, I could see that impacting your grip.

There really isn't enough frame on an Officer's length frame to truly "Bobtail" it. That term became so popular, from a marketing standpoint, that it has been applied to OM frames, but what that really is, is simply a rounding of the corner at the bottom of the mainspring housing - not a true bobtail.

My EDC (I live within sight of PA) is a Sig RCS. It is an alloy OM frame with a 4.25" Commander top-end. Best of all worlds - 1911 S/A in a lighter smaller package. Recoil is certainly more noticeable than an all-steel full-size 1911, or even a Commander, but the trade-off is worth it, and it is still easily controlled.

YMMV

Adios,

Pizza Bob