lunker

Limbsaver or Remington SuperCell Recoil Pad or ???

I have a Remington 100 Classic Trap. The recoil is not too bad, but I want my fiance to be able to shoot it.

Should I get the Limbsaver (which one of them?), the Remington SuperCell Recoil Pad (which has a rep for not fitting well), something else I don't know of, or just "take it like a man"? The last option will not go over well with the little lady. :)

I just got a limbsaver small slip on for the 870. The recoil isn't too much on normal 2-3/4" shot, but the 3" mag slugs put a hurtin on. I also will be able to put it on the Mosin when i'm shooting that. Another great reason to have it is to extend the length of the buttstock a little. The extra inch or two really helps get the stock on my cheek. Damn long arms :mrgreen:

One very effective way to reduce recoil with an 1100 is to cast (or machine) a lead cylinder and put it at the front end of the mag tube. Then put some lead in the butt stock to keep the gun balanced. It makes a big difference. They sell cap weights, but a lead weight is a lot cheaper.

You can also shoot lighter loads.

I am worried about the Limbsaver Slip-on increasing the LOP too much for my fiance. Itis long enough as it is on the 1100 Classic Trap. I have heard bad things about the fit on the Remington SuperCell. Supposedly it does not fit well on 1100 and 11-87 stocks.

I called Remington to ask them about it. He did not recommend using it on my 1100. Apparently the autoloading action needs firm resistance to work well. The gun would not cycle well with reduced loads and a limbsaver or supercell pad. I haven't tested to confirm though.

The limbsavers certainly works! After range days at ft dix my shoulder would always be a little jacked up. This time after a day shooting 150 skeet and 150 rifle... with a few 3" slugs and 3" buckshot in there... no bruising. My father in law and friend had no bruising either. Last time I was out my brother in law shot without the pad and had the nastiest looking bruise I've ever seen. Looked like he broke a blood vessel or something and was bleeding internally! HAH!

The limbsavers certainly works! After range days at ft dix my shoulder would always be a little jacked up. This time after a day shooting 150 skeet and 150 rifle... with a few 3" slugs and 3" buckshot in there... no bruising. My father in law and friend had no bruising either. Last time I was out my brother in law shot without the pad and had the nastiest looking bruise I've ever seen. Looked like he broke a blood vessel or something and was bleeding internally! HAH!

I used to get that when i shot my 7mm rem mag it used to happen after 5 rounds but i started shooting it a lot so no more :)