robot_hell

Milsurp .45 ACP

Is there still some milsurp .45 ball ammo floating around, or has it all been bought up or destroyed?

If there's still some left, where can I find it? All of the "surplus ammo" sites are just selling bulk commercial .45 in the usual brands (Magtech, BVAC, Tula, etc).

Vozella:

No wonder you wanted a .45 ACP revolver :mrgreen:

I don't mean to be picky here - and I may be wrong - but what is pictured, and what is described on the box are two different things. The box says "Ball" - which is 230 gr RN FMJ. What is pictured appears to be a swaged lead SWC of about 200 grs. These would appear to be reloads placed in milsurp ammo boxes (and I guess from your description, carton).

Others can chime in with their opinion, but to my mind, .45 ACP Ball has always been, and will always be, 230 gr RN FMJ. Sorry.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Vozella:

No wonder you wanted a .45 ACP revolver :mrgreen:

I don't mean to be picky here - and I may be wrong - but what is pictured, and what is described on the box are two different things. The box says "Ball" - which is 230 gr RN FMJ. What is pictured appears to be a swaged lead SWC of about 200 grs. These would appear to be reloads placed in milsurp ammo boxes (and I guess from your description, carton).

Others can chime in with their opinion, but to my mind, .45 ACP Ball has always been, and will always be, 230 gr RN FMJ. Sorry.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

+1 looks exactly like that to me