Sign in to follow this  
dave545

NEW HORNADY LOADER

i just bought the hornady E-Z lock-N-load AP and in the video it says you have to spray it down with the one shot cleaner and dry lube do you really have to or do they want you to just buy more stuff?

Yes, clean and lube them. You need to get the protectant off as powder sticks to it.

Follow the video and take your time. If something doesn't seem like its working right, start that part over and do it again until you are comfortable that it is right. When I was setting mine up, I thought things were all screwed up, but after taking a breather and coming back to it, things went together smoothly, with only mninor adjustments needed.

Things to watch out for:

The video that came with mine had me looking for the "EJECTOR BAR", this was a part from an earlier version and does not exist on the newer ones like yours and mine.

Make sure you clean and lube the primer feed slot. any little particles in the track will cause a hard time getting primers to seat properly.

After loading, and the primer slide is held back by the fiberglass rod,

hold the slide with your hand while you pull the rod out and then slowly let the slide go forward. If you just pull the rod, the slide rams into the primer seater and will damage the primer slide.