intercooler

CMP order; what FFL in northwest jersey to send it thru?

I want to do a cmp order and was looking to find a FFL who has dealt with CMP orders in or around Sussex county. anyone know? what are the transfer fees?

I don't have any experience with CMP transfers, but your choices are limited up here:

Simon Peter - pricey for transfers

Silver Bullet - pricey for transfers

Hackettstown Guns & Ammo - nice guys and reasonable pricing, but I don't know if they have a CMP policy in place

Skylands Sports - no clue, but they're a new shop, so they may have a reasonable policy in place

Stokes Forest Sports - just no clue, but they do sell firearms

I don't know if it really matters. I have sent guns to FFLs all across the country and had ones from all over the country send to Shore Shot. None had ever dealt with the other. I think (and could be wrong because the CMP is quasi-governmental) that all that needs to happen is for the FFL to fax over their certificate to the CMP for verification.

This is new with NJ. In the not so distant past, the CMP would ship the rifle right to your door. Recently NJ re read their laws and got in touch with the CMP and lo and behold, we got screwed.

I'm sure there was a post by Orest on the CMP board. I'm glad I got all my rifles before this. Now if only the CMP had more m1 Carbines and NJ let me own one.