EchoMirage

OFFICIAL ZOMBIE COURSE THREAD

Just an observation, but how do plan to shoot the target while moving on the atv? I am assuming that the rider will have to stop, then fire whatever weapon they are using ? I am only asking because I have ridden atv's and shot firearms so mixing the two together could cause some safety issues.

This is me in Texas two years ago. I was at my friends ranch. This is where I got the idea for the tactical range.

We are on a Kawasaki Mule. One guy driving. RSO behind the shooter on the back of the Mule videoing.

Right now we could do this with a small motorboat, shooting forward, if anyone has one. Almost two weeks of rain have turned the Tactical course into a swamp about four feet deep. This course keep presenting me with new and interesting ideas. Anyone have scuba gear for Navy SEAL operations?

Any ideas we want to try out of the ordinary, will require that we do dry runs first to see if they can be made to work safely.

I don't like the ATV idea but I do like a multiple shooter or multiple gun idea.

Multiple guns can work. Multiple shooters moving down range I do not feel comfortable with. I am concerned about people crossing into each other muzzle's path. I am open to discussion though.

With what? I am not sure if you are referring to multiple shooters, multiple guns, ATV and boat shooting, or the whole idea of moving and shooting...

I have nothing against moving and shooting or even multiple shooters. Just seems IMHO that some things could go wrong with the atv and boat shooting that you have planned. There are too many "unsafe" practices that people do that they don't realize are unsafe and could become an issue.

I have nothing against moving and shooting or even multiple shooters. Just seems IMHO that some things could go wrong with the atv and boat shooting that you have planned. There are too many "unsafe" practices that people do that they don't realize are unsafe and could become an issue.

I can't imagine how multiple shooters on tactical course is less dangerous then shooting off an atv or boat. I am not trying to agitate you, I just want to understand better. With the atv or boat, they are still surrounded by berms and are shooting from a sitting position. The only other humans are seated behind the shooter. All the shooter has to do for safety... is not turn around and face the person seated behind him. Gun is always pointing in a safe direction and finger is still off the trigger until he is on target. Then the finger comes off. Multiple shooters in the tactical course is harder to control because the two people moving down range can cross each others muzzle path. If there is a way to prevent that with some certainty, I would be all for that too.

running two shooters is easy one to the left, one to the right. have a dry run explaining that you can ONLY engage the targets on your side. have 2 range officers, and position the shooters so that they are on an angle with the RO behind them ready to prevent them from veering over to the other side. Also you are not agitating me, I am just asking questions. I mainly shoot competitively so when I go to a match I know what to expect and what is expected of me from a safety standpoint. So when I RO shooters I know what to look for, and when I RO new shooters, I am more cautious, and on top of them to keep me, other shooters, and themselves from getting into a unsafe situation.

running two shooters is easy one to the left, one to the right. have a dry run explaining that you can ONLY engage the targets on your side. have 2 range officers, and position the shooters so that they are on an angle with the RO behind them ready to prevent them from veering over to the other side. Also you are not agitating me, I am just asking questions. I mainly shoot competitively so when I go to a match I know what to expect and what is expected of me from a safety standpoint. So when I RO shooters I know what to look for, and when I RO new shooters, I am more cautious, and on top of them to keep me, other shooters, and themselves from getting into a unsafe situation.

That's what I'm talking about!

Now, the ATV or boat thing? I'll pass.