Sign in to follow this  
BillC.

Timney trigger for AR

Installed a Timney 3lb trigger in my Bushmaster Sunday. Went from a gritty 7 3/4lb two stage pull to 3 lbs and just a slight bit of creep. Installation is easy, there are no adjustments that need to be made. Functions as normal, but due to deer season opening I have not yet shot on paper to see the improvement, but its got to be better then what it was. But no problems found when I took a couple function shots at a spinner target. Trigger feel is far better.

My primary use for the AR is groundhog shooting, some of my other groundhog rigs have triggers that break at about 2 lbs, my daily backyard target plinking airgun has a 14oz trigger, so that 8 lb monster had to go. I would judge it similar to my 10/22 with aftermarket trigger parts.

I understand that there are limits to semiauto triggers. I did look at two stage match triggers but all seem to be service rifle weight, to heavy for me. Thought about a 2 lb Jard trigger but went with the drop in Timney. Other then the cost I see no problems, in the long run I don't have to add gunsmith labor to the price or wait for it to be done. Looks like a winner, field shooting report to follow when I get a chance.

Now I used this guy http://triggerwork.net/index.html Springfield Triggers.

Got a solid 4# trigger. It was a little gritty when I got it but a little stoneing

and it breaks real clean. He goes down to 2# but I chose 4# because I run around with the gun in USPSA.

He modifies the stock trigger and bobs the hammer. I always have doubts about moding the stock triggers

because they are case hardened and the hard surface can be removed. But about 400 rounds into it no problems.

and he gets about $40.

I've used Timneys on bolt rifles and they are hard to beat. Good luck. BTW is your trigger adjustable?

Frank