savageshooter

Make it easy on ourselves and just apply for 6 permits

I just had my last permit renewed for 3 more months today. So all of you new people, and everyone els, let's make it easy on ourselves and hold active permits for 6 months.

Simple formula: Apply for 6 permits straight off the bat. Use what you need until the 90 day expiration, then renew the rest for an additional 90 days.

And dont figure for 3 months, we need to count the 90 days. My permits were issued on June 16, and here I thought they were good until September 16. I did a transfer from Florida to my FFL here last Thursday figuring I'd be good until the 16th until I counted the days and saw it expired today the 13th and my gun is not here yet. My town PD was great with the renewal. Called yesterday and got a call this morning to come over and get it done. The way they do it is that we have 10 days from the date of expiration to get renewed.

We need to keep on top of these things. It's stressful enough waiting for permits and not being able to buy what we think is a great deal because we don't have an active permit. From now on with me it's 6 permits on the application and then do it again 6 months later. And then again, and again and again.

I'm not sure every town would be cool with the 6 permits at a time and constantly renewing them. some PDs would be cool, some would "red flag" you if you look (to them) like you're "building an arsenal" ... that's just my paranoid guess

I'm not sure every town would be cool with the 6 permits at a time and constantly renewing them. some PDs would be cool, some would "red flag" you if you look (to them) like you're "building an arsenal" ... that's just my paranoid guess

I understand what you're saying PX4, but we don't need to actually buy one handgun a month (I sure don't), just keep active permits. And yes, every PD is different with regard to red flags. It would just be nice to always have an active P2P permit. I have a habit of browsing the used handgun counter at the range and see some nice pieces show up from time to time. Also some good deals here in the marketplace. Just my approach of course.