crazyboy

Anyone interested?

Have seen some other sites getting together to go out to one of the preserves for pheasant before the season starts. Looking to see if there would be any interest here for people to get together a trip to either gibberson or bent creek as a warm up.

Have seen some other sites getting together to go out to one of the preserves for pheasant before the season starts. Looking to see if there would be any interest here for people to get together a trip to either gibberson or bent creek as a warm up.

Where are these places?

been to both, did a walk behind with my own dogs at bent creek and tower shoots at gibersons.. pretty sure i posted pics from bent creek hunt.. been their several times..

pics from the hunt at bent creek, one of their fields...pretty much all dog pics but field in background.

th_of505333992.jpg

No details yet, Tim. Was trying to see if people would be interested, and then judging by how many perhaps looking into the different packages. As far as dogs, I don't have one yet, so unless someone from here would like to bring theirs we're going to have to use the preserves.

Ok I'm looking at prices here. Bent Creek in Allentown would be more centrally located for us, I would think. Their website shows a special up until the 15th of October, which is for up to 4 hunters, with a total of 15 pheasant. That would only be 81.25 per person if we can get four people, 97.50 if we have a guide plus tip. Another option, if we can get at least ten people to commit to a day would be a tower shoot. If you are interested please let me know and I will try to get this together. I'm thinking the first or second weekend in October.

Ok I'm looking at prices here. Bent Creek in Allentown would be more centrally located for us, I would think. Their website shows a special up until the 15th of October, which is for up to 4 hunters, with a total of 15 pheasant. That would only be 81.25 per person if we can get four people, 97.50 if we have a guide plus tip. Another option, if we can get at least ten people to commit to a day would be a tower shoot. If you are interested please let me know and I will try to get this together. I'm thinking the first or second weekend in October.

Does this mean they release a fixed number of pheasant on a day? Hmmm, I am sure they will fly away if you don't get them! After that what, go home!?:icon_e_surprised:

Does this mean they release a fixed number of pheasant on a day? Hmmm, I am sure they will fly away if you don't get them! After that what, go home!?:icon_e_surprised:

No, that's how many are included in the package. Then you can harvest extra birds for a price. Look here http://www.bentcreekpreserve.net/rates.html

Whats a tower shoot?

I'd be interested in the Allentown place, if we could get a day that would work for all of us.

Whats the deal with licenses/tags/equipment/cleaning the birds, etc?

(sorry, I'm at work right now, lunch break almost over, dont have time to research it)

Here is a description of a tower shoot. http://www.birdsunlimited.net/tower.htm Not as much fun IMHO, but I'm not against it. As Tony said you need a hunting license, no stamp necessary though. If you want they will clean the birds for you for a very small price per bird. Here is the rules for anyone interested. http://www.bentcreekpreserve.net/rules.html

Here is a description of a tower shoot. http://www.birdsunlimited.net/tower.htm Not as much fun IMHO, but I'm not against it. As Tony said you need a hunting license, no stamp necessary though. If you want they will clean the birds for you for a very small price per bird. Here is the rules for anyone interested. http://www.bentcreekpreserve.net/rules.html

What makes a tower shoot fun is getting together with 20 friends and watch them all miss.. :icon_lol:

Cool, so I have the vest/hat, shotgun, hunter's safety cert, so I just need to pick up some shells and a huntin' license.

Tower shoot - Sporting Clays with real birds :-P

That's what I think of a tower shoot as. We need to have ten people commit to a day they have available in order to pull this off. Not that many people have even mentioned interest in going at all, so if any of you want to get together on a weekend, up to four people and a pooch could go.

Definatly would be interested in it if we could make our schedules align. I went pheasant hunting once without a dog, but those fields where picked clean (PA WMA Land), so I don't actually have experience shooting/retrieving/cleaning the birds. I do know that if I go to that type of stuff again, I want to get a pair of those heavy canvas pants. But this place looks like its a lot easier than sticker bushes and stuff.

Definatly would be interested in it if we could make our schedules align. I went pheasant hunting once without a dog, but those fields where picked clean (PA WMA Land), so I don't actually have experience shooting/retrieving/cleaning the birds. I do know that if I go to that type of stuff again, I want to get a pair of those heavy canvas pants. But this place looks like its a lot easier than sticker bushes and stuff.

So that's two of us :icon_lol:

Also bent creek said they have availabilities for all of the Sundays in October for guided hunts.. So if any of you are in, and 4 of us can pick a Sunday lets go! I'm free any Sunday. :icon_twisted:

Put me on th short list. I dont even know where Bent Creek is but I can arrange to be anywhere on a Sunday.